Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 AM   #751
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post

This makes me worry again for Flash.
Definitely. The extreme angle on his pose and only one contact point has me all kinds of nervous.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #752
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My Elektra is leaning. I just uploaded a video to YouTube.

I think nearmints recent post about Elektra leaning should be a red flag on this piece and other pieces that try to defy the effects of gravity. I also have Elektra and notice something similar as he describes with an elevated foot although not as bad. The design is inherently prone to lean just based on the body pose and center of mass being off. This could have been helped with a pin on each foot. Another thing that increases the issue is uneven pads on the bottom of the piece. My attempt to fix the issue was to add pads on the gargoyle facing side as where expect most will lean.

I would like to see other peoples set up and if their back legs touch and how their angle compares to the images above. This could be a longer term problem for people if they don't address the center of mass issue. I wonder if this is what happened to nearmint and may in the future happen to many of you. I have my eye on mine.

And then Sideshow is releasing a Flash PF with an even more extreme center of mass position? Good luck.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #753
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think nearmints recent post about Elektra leaning should be a red flag on this piece and other pieces that try to defy the effects of gravity. I also have Elektra and notice something similar as he describes with an elevated foot although not as bad. The design is inherently prone to lean just based on the body pose and center of mass being off. This could have been helped with a pin on each foot. Another thing that increases the issue is uneven pads on the bottom of the piece. My attempt to fix the issue was to add pads on the gargoyle facing side as where expect most will lean.

I would like to see other peoples set up and if their back legs touch and how their angle compares to the images above. This could be a longer term problem for people if they don't address the center of mass issue. I wonder if this is what happened to nearmint and may in the future happen to many of you. I have my eye on mine.

And then Sideshow is releasing a Flash PF with an even more extreme center of mass position? Good luck.
I'm checking my Elektra daily. I have wondered if i should address a possible future issue by gluing the non-pegged foot now?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #754
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Checked mine again, with all the concern on her at the moment thought I'd have a second look, perfectly straight and still tight to the base, but the room she's in as always quite cool and the shelving is perfectly level...as ukshaun has said it might help.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #755
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Those are good points. The problem I think over time will be the pads getting crushed on one side. Need to be proactive and beef it up.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #756
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Checked mine again, with all the concern on her at the moment thought I'd have a second look, perfectly straight and still tight to the base, but the room she's in as always quite cool and the shelving is perfectly level...as ukshaun has said it might help.
How long have you had her for?

I got mine when they started shipping her and she now wobbles on her base. Im afraid she is gonna get worse over time. She does slightly lean to her right at the moment.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #757
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
How long have you had her for?

I got mine when they started shipping her and she now wobbles on her base. Im afraid she is gonna get worse over time. She does slightly lean to her right at the moment.
Got her around mid-June, so about 4 1/2 months, wondering if it could be a batch problem...

P.s welcome to the forum
Old 11-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #758
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Got her around mid-June, so about 4 1/2 months, wondering if it could be a batch problem...

P.s welcome to the forum
Thanks
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #759
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Just watched nearmint's "rant", that has got to be the politest and most respectful rant I have ever seen
Old 11-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #760
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Just watched nearmint's "rant", that has got to be the politest and most respectful rant I have ever seen
I suck at rants. I’m thinking of taking a class.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote