Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-12-2021, 03:21 PM   #201
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's great to hear but they aren't easily seen. I've watch the 360° P1 video on this and they're well hidden unfortunately. However, if Jason says they're there, I certainly have no reason to doubt him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
the "3D Model"...what a geek

it's a statue bro
He's been associated with this since the announcement so it's quite likely he's been asked to critique and is more familiar with the 3-D render. He may not have even seen the statue in person.

That said it's entirely possible changes have been made after his final approval by P1 for ease of mass production or breakage prevention.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #202
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yes that may be true, but if they made the busts at a small Edition Size___ say like 100 or so, it wouldn't really hurt the full statue sales imo.

In fact, it may lure more interest & bring in customers who may not be able to afford a full statue at the beginning, but they may become loyal customers who will eventually bite on the their full statue's in time. I think they should start doing it.

The rule is, you shouldn't buy 1/4 -1/3 statues unless you're a big fan of the characters right? (unless you're filthy rich) If they offer the small bust option that doesn't take up too much space & don't break the bank, then more people may be inclined to snag one of a character that they're not batsheet crazy about, but do like somewhat. You know like I just did with this one.
Yep, I agree. Guess it just depends on how they choose to look at it from a business standpoint.

But yeah characters like Bane, Harley, Penguin, etc, I have 0 interest in buying a statue of them but a $150 bust like those? Sure, I'd put them next to my Batman statues.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #203
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, I agree. Guess it just depends on how they choose to look at it from a business standpoint.

But yeah characters like Bane, Harley, Penguin, etc, I have 0 interest in buying a statue of them but a $150 bust like those? Sure, I'd put them next to my Batman statues.
Good idea. Could you imagine an awesome 1/3 Batman statue with 8-10 small floating wall shelves with Batman's rogues in 1/3 bust form surrounding him? That would be cool (and sort of like a homemade XM Sanity). I am not a villain guy but I'd maybe think about something like that.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #204
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post

Yep, as a business standpoint, they already did that hard part with the tooling & sculpt. It's almost like double dipping & printing money right? If it backfired, they could simply drop the option. I'd be all over a bunch of different 1/3 busts from different franchises for sure!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #205
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
You know it.

I downloaded and fiddled with the pics from Prime 1 that would show the fins and I do not believe they are there. On FB, somebody went back and asked Fabok again, and he could only say that they should've been there (obviously not his fault, he's not Prime 1).

We should really get an answer from Prime 1 on this. If the fins aren't there, they should be added. This really isn't a small thing as it's a part of the costume that DC has required to be there for quite some time.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #206
FJC
Midnighter

I'd like the spikes/fins to be visible. If they're on the back of the gloves, I'd rather they move it to the sides if possible. It'd just look better and match Fabok's cover art.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:02 AM   #207
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yep, as a business standpoint, they already did that hard part with the tooling & sculpt. It's almost like double dipping & printing money right? If it backfired, they could simply drop the option. I'd be all over a bunch of different 1/3 busts from different franchises for sure!
I'd have a hard time saying no to these busts as well. Good size/price to get a deep roster of characters in a collection.

As you say, surely it can only be good for Prime 1 - greater return on those intial design costs and increased market share, helping those who aren't willing/able to drop thousands of dollars obtain a more affordable version of these impressive pieces.

I would've been interested in seeing busts of the Metal ones too.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 03:41 AM   #208
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think the fins are excluded because of how close his hands are to the cape.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #209
sparda
The Avengers

P1 reacted stating that someone put the statue together and forgot about them. I reckon they just forgot to design/print them and went ahead iththeshoot. They had the same problem with batcave bats, with his serratus anterior stickingout on the left side.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:58 AM   #210
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great statue. A definitive version of Batman. Would be an eye-catcher for sure. I wish I had free funds to afford it. And space - to display it.

Learnt in this thread that there is a bust version. Got really excited. But when checked - not my thing. I prefer the bust when head and body are fully sculpted. While in this very case only the front of the body is made while the back is simply not there. Would be great if they made a bust - a piece of the actual statue minus hands/legs/base + simplified cape. More like Sideshow did.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote