Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #211
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Great statue. A definitive version of Batman. Would be an eye-catcher for sure. I wish I had free funds to afford it. And space - to display it.

Learnt in this thread that there is a bust version. Got really excited. But when checked - not my thing. I prefer the bust when head and body are fully sculpted. While in this very case only the front of the body is made while the back is simply not there. Would be great if they made a bust - a piece of the actual statue minus hands/legs/base + simplified cape. More like Sideshow did.
That's why it's $150. What you're expecting would put it around $250 probably. I know what you mean though, but at least the back of the bust has a brick wall sculpt & isn't just flat, black & plain Looking.

Having the Cape on this one would make it harder to display & defeats the purpose of buying just the bust to begin with imo. It's still a reasonable value at what it runs.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #212
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's why it's $150. What you're expecting would put it around $250 probably. I know what you mean though, but at least the back of the bust has a brick wall sculpt & isn't just flat, black & plain Looking.

Having the Cape on this one would make it harder to display & defeats the purpose of buying just the bust to begin with imo. It's still a reasonable value at what it runs.
To be honest - I would rather pay 250$ if the bust incorporates more of the actual statue. As for the cape - as mentioned it could be simplified. Similar to what Sideshow did.

In my opinion - starting producing busts could be a home run for P1. Because as was already mentioned in this thread - it would allow bigger audience to acquaint with P1 world. Eventually pulling a trigger on an ultimate version of their favorite character.

In any case I personally would be fine having a high quality bust made up to P1 standards with no corners cut but at 1/6 price of the actual statue.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #213
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I think the cape is necessary, so it's a dealbreaker for me at any price. P1 has done Batman busts with partial capes before. I understand that they treat these $150 busts as glorified head stands.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:08 PM   #214
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
To be honest - I would rather pay 250$ if the bust incorporates more of the actual statue. As for the cape - as mentioned it could be simplified. Similar to what Sideshow did.

In my opinion - starting producing busts could be a home run for P1. Because as was already mentioned in this thread - it would allow bigger audience to acquaint with P1 world. Eventually pulling a trigger on an ultimate version of their favorite character.

In any case I personally would be fine having a high quality bust made up to P1 standards with no corners cut but at 1/6 price of the actual statue.
I would be fine with the fully sculpted busts myself, but I think that would involve more tooling & work which may discouraged P1 from doing them to begin with?

The reason I say that is, I believe these started 1st with the P1 1/3 Dog Alien as a way to display the extra portraits, instead of laying the head down on its side or putting it away back in it's box. (I may be wrong)? They already have these produced that come packed in with the full statue's now, so that's what I meant by double dipping.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #215
qz33
Doctor Doom

There are only 2 types of statues: Scale Full Figures and LifeSize busts.
Thank you that is all.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #216
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There are only 2 types of statues: Scale Full Figures and LifeSize busts.
Thank you that is all.
I know what you mean. I myself try to stick to buying only full sized statue's, (mainly 1/4 scale) but make exceptions all the time to certain pieces by various companies.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:31 PM   #217
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm wondering if SS will end up carrying this; doesn't seem like they've put up another one of P1's new PO's since Justice Buster.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #218
Augen
Metal Men

Fabok Wonder Woman is on Sideshow.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:14 PM   #219
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That one is yes, but the Artgerm that went up after the Fabok version isn't. Neither is Red Death, Dawnbreaker, Black Canary, and a few other non-DC P1 statues that went up for order after Justice Buster.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 PM   #220
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
That one is yes, but the Artgerm that went up after the Fabok version isn't. Neither is Red Death, Dawnbreaker, Black Canary, and a few other non-DC P1 statues that went up for order after Justice Buster.
i'm kinda surprised zatanna didn't go to SSC yet either
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote