Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2022, 05:11 AM   #11
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I like fabric caps as they are lighter and poseable, and dust isn't an issue if you keep statues behind glass
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:20 AM   #12
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Fully agree, Sideshows cut & sew department should be retired so we don't get anymore cheap looking, awkward to pose, dust magnet capes.

I'm still annoyed they slapped one on the new Doctor Doom PF as I love the sculpt of him.
I really loved that recent Doom statue, but that cheap cape & banner killed that piece for me....

That has to hurt a sculptor! Bel (a young sculptor) finally getting the chance to sculpt Dr.Doom and showing his best artistic sculpting abilities...
and they slap a cheap fabric cape on it!

I'm sure the prototype cape looks legit, but when Sideshow is producing over 2000 Dr.Doom statues, were guna get cheap tissue paper material that makes the piece look cheap & kills the aesthetic overall

Look at the original pajama Sabretooth premium format statue vs the new fully sculpted one!

Doom is priced close to $800, I DEFINITELY want my monies worth!

Also, These are classified as premium format STATUES*

On one hand I'm really bummed they haven't completely ditched this outdated method, on the other hand....I'm saving a lot of money not picking any of them up lol

I guess sideshow doesn't care about this?

Soo many prints announced recently* Probably making a fortune off those Olivia De Berardinis Diamond Dust Prints....
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:29 AM   #13
BurningRage
Inhumans

Definite order.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:30 AM   #14
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I like fabric caps as they are lighter and poseable, and dust isn't an issue if you keep statues behind glass
I don?t care either way but fabric capes are fine with me as well. I like that I can pose them to my liking which is often different than how sideshow poses them in their photos.

Sideshow does fabric capes, especially when they?re long capes. There?s obviously a few exceptions but they?re just that, exceptions. Why do people keep getting disappointed by Sideshow being Sideshow?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:05 AM   #15
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don?t care either way but fabric capes are fine with me as well. I like that I can pose them to my liking which is often different than how sideshow poses them in their photos.

Sideshow does fabric capes, especially when they?re long capes. There?s obviously a few exceptions but they?re just that, exceptions. Why do people keep getting disappointed by Sideshow being Sideshow?
It's called... Hope

I'm in the same camp, won't buy as I hate the cape. Too bad, I'd have bought this otherwise but there will always be a next one. Happy for those who like it and aren't picky about the fabric. He looks sharp.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:11 AM   #16
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Need a companion Beta Ray Bill PF to go with it, looking forward to that reveal during the 2027 12 days event.

You should just try to pick up XM version. It goes for reasonable price and is actually a very well sculpt statue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:47 AM   #17
SDguy

I'll be very glass half full about this situation and just hope the very classic look of this Thor means a comic Loki is up next.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #18
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Bloody hell! ... Yes!

Have to still see the whole sculpt, but I am stoked! If the body sculpt is well done, a fabric cape won't be a problem.
Agreed on everything
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:11 AM   #19
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post

Intense portrait is already starting to grow on me, as the rest of the sculpt looks fantastic. Now to convince myself I love, or can learn to love a fabric cape?

Classic Ironman on the way, and then...............HULK!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:39 AM   #20
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Intense portrait is already starting to grow on me, as the rest of the sculpt looks fantastic. Now to convince myself I love, or can learn to love a fabric cape?

Classic Ironman on the way, and then...............HULK!
Hopefully the statue will look good without wearing a cape and that there won't be any noticeable key holes.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote