Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #91
Gothamite
Phoenix

They're available on DVD, but Fox used the old laserdisc masters and didn't even bother making them anamorphic. There are black bars on the sides in addition to the top and bottom. -_-

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #92
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
They honestly should have Luke wake up from a dream and do an 8 redo. Every true fan would be pleased for sure!
That would be amazing. It really is tragic what they did with Luke.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #93
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
They honestly should have Luke wake up from a dream and do an 8 redo. Every true fan would be pleased for sure!
That would require the Mouse to admit to failure. Not going to happen.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #94
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They're available on DVD, but Fox used the old laserdisc masters and didn't even bother making them anamorphic. There are black bars on the sides in addition to the top and bottom. -_-

I'm not giving money for a greatly compromised version. I want them done the same justice in HD that thousands of other movies have. It's ridiculous, and I'm trying to think of any other movie that has this sort of situation.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #95
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
lol it was all just a nightmare!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #96
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Guys,
You HAVE to get the Harmy versions of the orginal trilogy. The quality is amazing, as is the work he put into restoring the true versions these films.

Google Harmy Star Wars or Despecialized Editions. Only versions you will ever need. Check out this on YouTube to see the process:
https://youtu.be/mGrXO2RDzLg

They are free too!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #97
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I sold or gave away last bit of my Star Wars stuff this year. I haven't bought new in a while and just realized I don't really care about the series anymore.

All I want is the original trilogy (not special edition) on Blu Ray. I haven't been able to watch them in a decade since my VHS tapes finally died because I watched them so much as a kid.

Yep, wore the VHS down to nothing. HAHA
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #98
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I sold or gave away last bit of my Star Wars stuff this year. I haven't bought new in a while and just realized I don't really care about the series anymore.

All I want is the original trilogy (not special edition) on Blu Ray. I haven't been able to watch them in a decade since my VHS tapes finally died because I watched them so much as a kid.
See my post above. You can get Harmy version on Blu-ray too. Huge post at the Freaks forum, someone even burns them for people.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #99
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
1 movie a year would of been fine if they would of gotten good writers & directors and didn't have Kennedy micro managing them, she's also trying to make it all PC which isn't helping either...
Nope, the law of diminishing returns means that no matter how good the writer, director, production people will experience fatigue and apathy towards the franchise.

Then as a studio committing to one a year will inevitably do something stupid that will cause backlash.

Quote:
Guys,
You HAVE to get the Harmy versions of the orginal trilogy. The quality is amazing, as is the work he put into restoring the true versions these films.

Google Harmy Star Wars or Despecialized Editions. Only versions you will ever need. Check out this on YouTube to see the process:
https://youtu.be/mGrXO2RDzLg

They are free too!
Yeah, they're the copies I have. Look great. I almost think he went overboard by ensuring stuff like the Vaseline smear under the landspeeder was put back :P
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #100
off
The X-Men

I remember the VHS copy I had as a kid, a 'simulcast' banner on the bottom with a radio station would pop up from when my parents taped it. I guess at one point, the movie was played on the tv and radio together to get that true stereo sound!

Anyway, every time I watched that tape, I would try tune the radio to that station in hopes of it being played on there.

Guess I quite didn't understand how the whole VHS thing worked.
off is offline   Reply With Quote