Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2019, 12:04 AM   #761
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I suck at rants. I’m thinking of taking a class.
I'd be happy to teach you in exchange for that X-force Psylocke you picked up
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #762
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Just watched nearmint's "rant", that has got to be the politest and most respectful rant I have ever seen
A little bit of politeness and empathy will get you much more out of customer service.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #763
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think nearmints recent post about Elektra leaning should be a red flag on this piece and other pieces that try to defy the effects of gravity. I also have Elektra and notice something similar as he describes with an elevated foot although not as bad. The design is inherently prone to lean just based on the body pose and center of mass being off. This could have been helped with a pin on each foot. Another thing that increases the issue is uneven pads on the bottom of the piece. My attempt to fix the issue was to add pads on the gargoyle facing side as where expect most will lean.

I would like to see other peoples set up and if their back legs touch and how their angle compares to the images above. This could be a longer term problem for people if they don't address the center of mass issue. I wonder if this is what happened to nearmint and may in the future happen to many of you. I have my eye on mine.

And then Sideshow is releasing a Flash PF with an even more extreme center of mass position? Good luck.
Defying the effect of gravity is perfectly fine, it’s just sideshow...or rather the Chinese vendors they use...shtty manufacturing. For pieces like this and Ringwraith on horse etc.. there needs to be a metal rod that extend up to most of the statue at its center of gravity, along with an reinforced peg opening at the base so both pieces are fully secured forever. Regular casting with the meta rod only extend a few inches at the foot peg won’t cut it.

But the reality is sideshow knows after 30(?) days the statue becomes your problem they only need to worry for the first x days that it doesn’t fall over. So why spend the extra money or effort?

The fanboys (myself included) all have collective amnesia. We get so upset when our statues lean and have quality issues (rightly so given how much $$ wasted). But as soon as the next good looking prototype comes along, all is forgiven and forgotten.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #764
Roy Batty
Fantastic Four

Welp, here is the decision for me-I have the EX on Flex Pay with one more payment to go. Love the statue but do I cancel and get something else or roll the dice?
Roy Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #765
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
Welp, here is the decision for me-I have the EX on Flex Pay with one more payment to go. Love the statue but do I cancel and get something else or roll the dice?
Only one real instance of leaning so far. While it is good to be aware I wouldn’t judge the statue based on a single instance.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #766
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Only one real instance of leaning so far. While it is good to be aware I wouldn’t judge the statue based on a single instance.
Not exactly one. My Elektra is also leaning to the right. I took her off the base and i can see the hole in the base where the metal peg goes got slightly bigger because of all the pressure.

I used teflon tape on her peg so she stops wobbling and she's now secure but im thinking of contacting Sideshow. I'm sure more statues will start failing over time which is too bad coz she looks so good with my daredevil.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #767
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
A little bit of politeness and empathy will get you much more out of customer service.
new book available from Sideshow now - Nearmints guide to the gentlemanly art of ranting.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #768
dechirico7
The Flash

I have heard three accounts of leaning so far.
Not too good, since this piece just shipped.
That is too bad. This piece is gorgeous.
Might be one of those instances where you might have to install the peg system like John Ficchi uses. The square peg that fits into a metal square tube.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #769
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have heard three accounts of leaning so far.
Not too good, since this piece just shipped.
That is too bad. This piece is gorgeous.
Might be one of those instances where you might have to install the peg system like John Ficchi uses. The square peg that fits into a metal square tube.
I’m not familiar with this. Can you elaborate? Or do you have a link that shows/explains the fix.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #770
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Not a leaning issue, but I wasnt able to place the peg full into the hole no matter what. More like another issue connected to that "main leg" w peg. Only reason I wasnt able to experience any possible leaning issue was fact I was forced to send my statue back. Factory has wrapped the body into the paper, while the paint wasnt dry. You can see the marks, when I have removed the paper during unboxing

Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote