Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #431
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Rapunzel could be cool, make her hair wrap around and be the base possibly?

I'd hope Aurora be awake.

Tons of possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This. No boring 'sleeping on a bed' pose.

I would kill for one where she's awake and her hand is extended as she's about to touch the spindle. And the spinning wheel can be part of the base.
I’m on the “sleeping on the bed” camp. It’s the character. And I have always adored that picture by JSC of my all time favorite princess. I don’t think it would be boring as long as it’s beautifully done. The spindle is a solid idea, but I have my heart set on the bed bc I love it so much.

It’s not like Little Mermaid posing on a rock, or Tink checking out her figure is “exciting”. The most personality and “action” of the three is Alice with her adorable expression and the Cat watching her.

I’d be happy to just know this line is still going. It’s a little worrisome we haven’t gotten any new sneaks and no previews for Cinderella.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:11 AM   #432
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree it is a bit of a cheat and they know it. Purely from a consumer rights point of view. This is why they have to refund by law if a consumer feels it does not reflect the advertised product. They know it’s a legal battle they can’t win. Like I said I’m still happy with my mermaid and Alice. Also I am new to the statue collecting world so I’ve learned this now. I’ve been collecting scale anime figures for over 15 years but now focusing on statues. I ask this in complete genuine curiosity; is the ol’ production piece looking far below prototype in quality and paint across all brands or is it just sideshow? Eg can I expect the same level difference drop with Eg prime 1, queen studios?
Ps I’m glad I have access to good information with you veterans
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #433
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm a newbie as well Gokanma, so I can't really say how much of a drop in quality you get from buying an XM or Prime 1 Studio statue. I can give you my observations, about how these statues tend to sell though.

Take for example, XM Studios, the White Queen.

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/white-queen.aspx

If order to have a chance of getting one, you had to pre-order with in the first couple of days of the piece being announce. XM Studios pieces sell out really fast. (The longest I've seen a piece I was interested in, available on there website was maybe 2 weeks) I've looked at a few, but I just couldn't justify the cost.

Prime-One Statues tend to be a bit more laid back selling wise, but it's still very possible for a popular piece to disappear before production is completed.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #434
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I'm a newbie as well Gokanma, so I can't really say how much of a drop in quality you get from buying an XM or Prime 1 Studio statue. I can give you my observations, about how these statues tend to sell though.

Take for example, XM Studios, the White Queen.

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/white-queen.aspx

If order to have a chance of getting one, you had to pre-order with in the first couple of days of the piece being announce. XM Studios pieces sell out really fast. (The longest I've seen a piece I was interested in, available on there website was maybe 2 weeks) I've looked at a few, but I just couldn't justify the cost.

Prime-One Statues tend to be a bit more laid back selling wise, but it's still very possible for a popular piece to disappear before production is completed.

My advice on waiting to buy is mostly for Sideshow as they usually do very large Edition Sizes so there's usually no rush...

As for XM, all their new stuff is Made to Order so you usually have a few months to pre-order before they close the window... What you see in their prototype is pretty much what you get in production...

Prime 1 is similar to XM when it comes to QC and ordering...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:33 PM   #435
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks guys. So it seems its more a sideshow issue.
I PO AoT from figurama. The POs sold out in days (I think all their pieces did). Good to know XS, Prime production pieces reflect the actual advertised PO pictures. Gives me confidence if I was to PO an XS or Prime statue.
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:39 AM   #436
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So Alice will be at my door tomorrow. Super excited. Looks to be a home run from everyones pics.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #437
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
So Alice will be at my door tomorrow. Super excited. Looks to be a home run from everyones pics.
I think you'll be happy, she is stunning in person.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:16 AM   #438
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Great piece. Couldn’t find a flaw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1B70CD6E-8893-4F1F-B647-255F415CC587.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	127592  
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #439
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Mine arrived last night after FedEx delayed my delivery three times. Absolutely perfect statue. Just beautiful.

Sideshow PLEASE tease a new character.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #440
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Congrats Incrysis, looks great.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote