Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #3951
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
It's like Marvel is on the fast track and cotd is on the back burner. I feel like 10 mutants have been shown after poxxil but came out before pox bleeeh
Yep. And Odium was just pushed to Jan/Feb
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:14 AM   #3952
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Just got the email pox payment pushed back to January 15th..omfg sideshow.... get some more mutants and hulks out you showed 5 months ago.... /hmmmmmmph
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #3953
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Just received the replacement base for Kier Warbringer and everything is peachy again...
Thanks to Lea at SS
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #3954
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

They really need to do better with the COTD fans, I'm constantly seeing people selling off there collection on ebay, probably partly out of boredom with the line, 1 new statue reveal in 2 years " Ellianastis" which I love, but I'm hoping for a little better next year at SDCC, it's a killer line and story, but you gotta keep people excited and I dont think making ten different Kiers in different sizes is gonna do it, they have so many awesome characters and the Angel's and Demons story line, I'm hoping for a great reveal next year, I'm trying my best to support the line, I have Odium, Relic Ravlatch, Poxxil and Shard pre ordered, and definitely will pre order Ellianastis
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #3955
dao2
Cyclops

I bought a couple cotd cheap (about half price) and honestly even them I struggle to feel that the new ones are worth it. They feel so cheap.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #3956
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I bought a couple cotd cheap (about half price) and honestly even them I struggle to feel that the new ones are worth it. They feel so cheap.
Everything sideshow sells is overpriced, what makes them feel cheap? As compared to any other statues? I overpay simply because I love the characters honestly, but I agree with you, the prices make it hard to collect them or any statues honestly
Old 12-08-2019, 06:41 AM   #3957
dao2
Cyclops

Everything is so light and brittle feeling :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #3958
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
They really need to do better with the COTD fans, I'm constantly seeing people selling off there collection on ebay, probably partly out of boredom with the line, 1 new statue reveal in 2 years " Ellianastis" which I love, but I'm hoping for a little better next year at SDCC, it's a killer line and story, but you gotta keep people excited and I dont think making ten different Kiers in different sizes is gonna do it, they have so many awesome characters and the Angel's and Demons story line, I'm hoping for a great reveal next year, I'm trying my best to support the line, I have Odium, Relic Ravlatch, Poxxil and Shard pre ordered, and definitely will pre order Ellianastis
This line is not for the average collector. It's a labor of love from the artists. These will not have the aftermarket interest for the emerging collector since it is not a known license, even though they feel vaguely familiar to people.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #3959
Atlantisatdawn

I agree with all your points, I guess I just think since it's there own property with no license fees, they could keep a better flow of statues coming instead of just doing the same character in a bunch of scales, I think there doing another gethsemoni in 1/6, I just cannot imagine that selling at all, since they can hardly sell the premium format of her, but hey I do enjoy the statues I already have so I guess I shouldn't really complain and just enjoy them
Old 12-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #3960
grphyx1
Kingpin

I love the pieces I have. For something to move me to purchase, I know it's something I'll appreciate for a long time. Definitely collector specific these are.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote