Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #31
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
One that pops into my mind is one Sunday at church they had a guest speaker. He started saying very non-Christian things. Before you know it he was speaking in a tongue and voice that nobody could understand. It was an evil sounding voice and the language was scary as hell. Once it was obvious what was happening the Pastor and other church elders started praying. The demon possessed man kept talking but appeared to be in pain. Started making crazy sounds. He started walking down the aisle between the pews. Looked like he was trying to leave. So some people in the back locked the doors so he couldn't leave. Then he got angry and started saying more crazy stuff in that demonic language. Then he fell backwards but didn't hit the floor. He was suspended in mid air. He then proceeded to quickly float from the back of the church to the front. They grabbed him and started praying more. After a few minutes more of prayer and the demon left him. It's easy to write it off as a lie or that I imagined the whole thing. But this happened in front of at least 50 people. Impossible that we all imagined that. I have plenty of other stories too.
crazy man. here’s one I found a while back on video. Not faked, the guy was an actual doctor- Robert Santella.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_x828dkEgQ0
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #32
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

There's nothing really dramatic with my experience which happened about 35 years ago when I was about 8 or 9 years old.

We had a spare bedroom in our house and there had been discussions regarding my great grandmother coming and living with us due to ill health but before it ever happened she passed away.

I wasn't at all close to this person and because she lived so far away I had only met her a small number of times so there wasn't really any emotional connection there or any sense of loss after her passing.

Anyway, about 9 months after she died I was walking past the open door to the room which would have been hers and out of the corner of my eye glimpsed her sitting on the end of the bed.

I freaked out a bit (well you would wouldn't you?!) and ran to tell my mother who believed that I had just seen something else which my mind had misinterpreted as what I thought I had seen - like a pile of clothing on the bed or something.

We went back to the room together and there was absolutely nothing there.

I cannot say for certain whether I saw anything or not but as children are deemed to be more open to these things I like to think that it was a definite possibility.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #33
nearmint
Phoenix

A good friend of mine went to his grandfather's funeral, only to come home, enter through the front door, and see him standing at the top of the stairs.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #34
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
A good friend of mine went to his grandfather's funeral, only to come home, enter through the front door, and see him standing at the top of the stairs.
No matter how much I loved someone in life, there is no situation where I would see them after their death that doesn't seem terrifying.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #35
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
No matter how much I loved someone in life, there is no situation where I would see them after their death that doesn't seem terrifying.
I agree.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #36
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Strongly agreed. Human brain is capable of a lot of false perceptions.
Like convincing oneself there's nothing beyond the material world one lives in? This kind of myopic view stifles so many people it's depressing and keeps people from advancement.

There's blinding Pride in thinking one knows everything which is arguably the most laughable out of all scenarios. I know a guy who swears there's no such thing as a creator and the spirit world ...yet it's amusing when I asked "how many football teams does your State (Florida) have? ..he had no answer." The foolishness of thinking you know everything is evident to everyone but yourself and therein lies the comedy.

Then of course there's pure ignorance of not knowing and never bothering to find out..and that is simply pathetic and another condition I have no respect for. Lack of knowledge is one thing and it's excusable but refusal to gain it is another entirely and is inexcusable.

Then of course there's fear which is deeply entrenched in humans primitive minds since most people fear that which they don't know and ironically that has played both the key to survival as well as the shackles that restrict our development , however it's not something that should deter someone from searching and discovering. Many brave people have overcome fear and we are standing on the shoulders these giants today. Acknowledging then overcoming the fear is the first steps necessary to the journey.

I'm 99% certain I can prove without argument there's an unseen (external) force which created the world and exists in and around it in what we call the spirit realm. The thing that every culture around the world since recorded history has alluded to in various forms.
People who readily dismiss it are merely ignorant as in they either lack the knowledge (acceptable) or they refuse to do the homework in order to understand it (unacceptable).
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #37
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post

There's blinding Pride in thinking one knows everything which is arguably the most laughable out of all scenarios. I know a guy who swears there's no such thing as a creator and the spirit world ...yet it's amusing when I asked "how many football teams does your State (Florida) have? ..he had no answer." The foolishness of thinking you know everything is evident to everyone but yourself and therein lies the comedy.

Interesting point. I’ve never seen anything of the supernatural myself so I’m very skeptical (I am from Missouri) but I do believe that “spirits” or whatever someone chooses to call them, did appear to people at certain times in ancient history. They exist, yes, but if they do indeed appear to people now, I wonder why they don’t appear to more people?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:44 AM   #38
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Interesting point. I’ve never seen anything of the supernatural myself so I’m very skeptical (I am from Missouri) but I do believe that “spirits” or whatever someone chooses to call them, did appear to people at certain times in ancient history. They exist, yes, but if they do indeed appear to people now, I wonder why they don’t appear to more people?
I can think of a few reasons why maybe more people don’t see them..

I think fear might play a big part of it. Let’s look at history, in stories, legends, books movies ,etc..ghosts and spirts are not usually portrayed as the friendly type. They tend to be more demonic and possessive entity’s that control ones actions. I think this causes people’s perception to change...and leads them to never believe that a ghost could or should exist.(because if they believe in it as pure evil- then oh boy, are they in trouble)Think about how many people would fear their loved ones when seeing them, they may think they are there for all the wrong reasons. And yet maybe their past loved ones choose to not be seen in order to protect them from themselves. And I’m just taking ghosts here..not when people see demons...that’s a whole other discussion.

Maybe it’s just peoples open or closed minds that help or stop them from seeing something. Knowledge is power, and none of us know 100% what’s on the other side, and it’s not something we can really learn about. But keeping an open mind tends to help most people.

Lastly is pure faith...some think we just die, some say there is a Heaven and some say we are reincarnated and so on..so there alone in those 3 examples gives you different outcomes. If I’m just dead and gone how can I be seen? If I’m reincarnated I’ll have no ghost/spirit to be seen.. in Heaven I’m just hanging out haven’t a good time...why chill here on earth?
So it all comes back to what we really don’t know or can’t prove and to what we believe in.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 AM   #39
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post

People who readily dismiss it are merely ignorant as in they either lack the knowledge (acceptable) or they refuse to do the homework in order to understand it (unacceptable).
That doesn't make people ignorant at all. If you show us proof then we will believe it. By your logic Bigfoot and Nessie are real then as well. That would be like the ones you are calling ignorant started calling you crazy for believing. Everyone is entitled to how they think. There is no fear for me, I just don't believe in it.....normal conversation by the way not arguing lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #40
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
That doesn't make people ignorant at all. If you show us proof then we will believe it. By your logic Bigfoot and Nessie are real then as well. That would be like the ones you are calling ignorant started calling you crazy for believing. Everyone is entitled to how they think. There is no fear for me, I just don't believe in it.....normal conversation by the way not arguing lol.
Again..people who READILY DISMISS THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF ARE IGNORANT.

A person of intelligence can look at something like Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster with curiosity and skepticism without dismissing them altogether. The proof will either eventually present itself or it won't but the lack of proof doesn't negate people's experience/encounters etc. Long ago if someone said, there's these things called bacteria and you can't see them but they live on your body and make you sick...people would have called that person crazy. With the developement of a microscope the proof suddenly became evident and we now accept it as fact.
I am almost sure that with some serious research (which is being done) and a lot has been uncovered with technological advancements ,it would be only a matter of time before everyone accepts ghosts as fact.

Most people accept Evolution as fact even though it's a theory with no proof at all.
Could "Big Foot" be a remnant of our primitive ancestor? I have no idea but I'm curious enough to invest time in looking at any evidence put forth without broadly dismissing it with a sweeping hand of Does Big Foot exist ? " LOL Nope"

You have to ask questions. Questions like why have Native American accounts documented of these creatures long before we came here? Why are these things seen all over the world through the jungles of South America, Asia and in the mountains of Tibet and New Zealand? Are the dermal ridges found in some prints real?
Is everyone just "crazy" or is there something there I am ignorant/unaware of?

Here is the word for word definition of IGNORANT via Webster's dictionary so you don't get confused and think I'm insulting people assassinating their characters.

IGNORANT adjective
1 a. Lacking knowledge or comprehension of a thing specified
2. Unaware, Uninformed

This thread is about have you seen a ghost..well I've never seen one but have heard them and have had encounters with something unexplained which would be what we commonly label ghosts.
You ask for proof? I had an EVP i caught on my iphone in a cemetery, but if you were to listen to it you would likely say it was another person there because you yourself were not there at the time to hear it.
So unless you're personally willing to come and go on an exploration with me or try it for yourself at home my trying to convince you is pointless as anything I capture legitimately can be seen as hoaxed by secondary parties and because unscrupulous people do things to make profit off fakery, it negatively impacts real research.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote