Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #221
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
What about the paint job?
Is it that bad?
Hell no, it's a very good one for a factory painting, a serious improvement over the BO T-rex.
Photos definitly don't give it justice.
Agreed. Bright lighting and flash wash out the color and detail and to many are making final judgement on this piece from photos like that.

You need to see this bust in person to truly appreciate it. When I look at mine I don't see a paint job that is washed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
I red a load of " feel sorry for those who ordered it" here and there all over the net.
Well, now that I have mine in hand, I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO MISS IT
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Unboxed #75 yesterday, and i can finally say i have a true, original Jurassic Park T-rex.

The box is incredible, and the piece itself is huge (as long as you keep her away from the raptor bust) and better painted than what most pics lead to believe since there's more shades of brown in person, the finish is pretty much spot on, and most of the black patterns reflect those on the Perot which, with the exception of the snout, are pretty accurate to the CG model.
Glad to hear you like it Vick. Ever since I got mine I feel the same way, in a state of bliss that I own an original Jurassic Park T-Rex.

I see you might order the stand. A couple of us have made them for less than it is to order one. Mine isn't perfect but I'm happy with it. If you want dimensions or anything feel free to PM me.

Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #222
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
You need to see this bust in person to truly appreciate it. When I look at mine I don't see a paint job that is washed out.
Absolutely true. And nice pics!

Quote:
Glad to hear you like it Vick. Every since I got mine I feel the same way, in a state of bliss that I own an original Jurassic Park T-Rex.
For real.
Very, very pleased with it.

Quote:
I see you might order the stand. A couple of us have made them for less than it is to order one. Mine isn't perfect but I'm happy with it. If you want dimensions or anything feel free to PM me.
Thanks buddy, your stand looks great. And as i can see in the other thread you have reinforced it with extra screws to sustain the weight.. good job.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #223
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Seeing fellow JP fans to finally have this in hand is really something. The paint will never match up to any proto, it's just a known fact if you collect long enough. I'll have mine today and it will be ship out for a serious repaint and mod. Again, really happy for everyone who after all these years, to own an authentic, true JP female T-Rex bust in their collections. Can't wait for the full sizer!
Thanks man, all of this because of you (and CC). I can't even fathom the probability of having lost your cast - in 25 years a lot of stuff can happen. Without it..

I should be getting mine soon. Forever grateful
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #224
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Thanks buddy, your stand looks great. And as i can see in the other thread you have reinforced it with extra screws to sustain the weight.. good job.
Thanks. Yes we built the stand prior to receiving the bust thinking it was adequate, but when I had the bust in hand I was caught off guard by the weight. So I utilized some of those brackets for extra reinforcement. You can't fool around with something of this size and weight.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #225
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have both busts and felt the female is much better painted than the male, he came out pretty flat
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:30 AM   #226
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looks pretty great to me for a factory piece. The busts for dinos don't do it for me. It looks like it belongs next to a hunter's deer head trophy. But if I were into them I'd been happy with this. I do understand the criticisms. Everyone wants perfection. But some of us let that go, eventually. Tell me what you think is a perfect statue and I'll wager a small fortune I can criticize it's not so perfect appearance.

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #227
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got it today, it looks a bit darker in person. Way closer to the pics above than those posted earlier. The cast or whatever is incredible - it has an astonishing ammount of detail. And bigger than I imagined! The full body Rex is going to be huge
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #228
ianhiatt
Doh!

Finally had the ability to take Rexy out and try to put her on the CC stand. Turns out the mounting is completely off...anyone else experience this? I assume the two rexes have very different holes on the back for mounting...
ianhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:33 AM   #229
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

This is the piss poor quality on my female T-rex bust.
Look at how they attached and 'worked in' the lower jaw!!!Just plain awful.

blemishes

chipped tooth

Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #230
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yeah not going to lie that looks bad!
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote