Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-04-2020, 02:28 AM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

2020 new Hot Toys speculation

with Infinity War and Endgame, Hot Toys had a massive amount of new releases. We got some Star Wars (old and new), unique releases like John Wick and old per franchises like the Matrix.

I was just reviewing the movie listing for 2020 and I don’t see any obvious billion dollar movies outside of Mulan (Disney’s biggest pandering to China to date). So I was wondering if there are enough new properties for Hot Toys to keep up the pace or will they have to go get some older properties or maybe release some long overdue figures (power loader Ripley, anyone?). Or other figures teased but. It released (Shazam, Vulture, BTTF2 Marty).

I can see Hot Toys doing the obligatory comic movies but I think those will provide limited offerings. I can’t see collectors getting really excited about The Eternals. Black Widow should give us the white outfit, maybe her “sister” character and possibly Taskmaster but Hot Toys has failed to bring villains from the smaller Marvel movies (Ghost, Yellow Jacket, etc.)

Will they do another Wonder Woman with the same outfit or just the armored version.if the Cheetah effects obscure that rather bland looking Kristen Wiig, that could be an offering. Birds of Prey looks horrible with Huntress looking like a reject from an 80s music video and all of Harley’s outfit looking LOL so random SJW styling. But I am sure Hot Toys will do at least one Harley.

So what else in 2020 movie and TV listing do you think Hot Toys can and should do? Dune? Mulan?

Do you want to see more Star Wars OT, PT and Mandalorian figures? More Spider-Man video game costumes? What figures from licenses that the already have like Morpheus and Trinity from The Matrix?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
BurningRage
Inhumans

I want more OT Star Wars.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

I like to think Hot Toys will move on from (take a break atleast) from Spider-Man and Ironman and to some degree Stormtrooper's. Take a break from Star Wars, Bobble-Head's and stuff like Captain Marvel Pager, Ironman Arc Reactor.

I'd like to see Hot Toys release piece's they have shown in the past but never released, the two characters from Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets for example. I wonder if Hot Toys will bother with Birds or Prey or Black Widow?

I'd like to see other movies covered in 2020, even if it means characters from the past.

I have 3 Hot Toys coming in some time during 2020, and then i said i would stop collecting Hot Toys. My collection total's just 10 (13 in total once the other 3 arrive).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #4
Augen
Metal Men

Movie wise I'd be surprised if Dune gets any attention. Hot Toys may make a Paul Atreides, but be shocked to see Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I’d like to see more from Rogue One.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
jedi_don

Black Widow in white is a sure bet.

The Eternals may bring a couple but these just look like random Asgardians

Yikes! I have a weakness for MEW, but this design is not good.

More Harley and Birds of Prey. None of these would look good as $250 Hot Toys figures.

Will WW armored come with wings?
Old 01-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
jedi_don

Looking at the rest of 2020 comic book and action films, I don't see those being done by Hot Toys.

Disney will most likely not approve licensing for New Mutants, Venom 2 and Morbius.

Not sure people want a Vin Diesel Bloodshot figure.

Fast and the Furious 9 is also most likely a pass.

I know nothing about The Tomorrow War and if would bring any interesting looking characters. Tease photo just looks like people in current day military garb,

Monster Hunter is a possibility due to the video game tie in. But being a Paul W. S. Anderson helmed and Milla Jovovich led movie, I don't have high hopes for it.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is probably another pass from HT. I don't see them doing figures of kids.

Top Gun: Maverick. Doing military soldiers isn't what HT does. Expect Damtoys or one of the other 1/6 scale makers do an unlicensed "F/A-18 CAG Pilot" with a portrait that resembles Cruise.

Did I miss any 2020 films that have HT figure potential?
Old 02-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #8
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

I really wish HT took the Death Stranding licence. Im not a fan of the figma figures and its a shame not to do these game characters in high end 1/6 scale.
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #9
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I’d like to see more from Rogue One.
100% this.

I just got into Hot Toys and purchased Jyn yesterday. I don't even have her in hand yet and NEED Cassian to accompany her. He needs to happen sooner than later.

If I'm able to pick up Chirrut the same goes for Baze.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #10
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

While I'm sure many people are sick of the number of Iron Man figures, this pause gives HT the opportunity to go back and produce the models from Iron Man 3 so far neglected.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote