Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #261
Spidey42005
Fantastic Four

Mine also converted as well (and one other collector from sideshow freaks that I know of as well). I contacted sideshow chat and they had said the following:

"I am happy to confirm that Iron Studios has remade all pieces and Sideshow will be inspecting every piece thoroughly before shipping them. We currently have this piece at our warehouse, so your order will ship out immediately after conversion."

I will have to cancel my wait list sadly because they can not do a flex plan on this item though. I have way to much coming out this month and next. Bummer as I was a day 1 pre-order on this but I took the refund in fear of all the QD issues. I had this pretty much paid off.
Spidey42005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #262
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sorry was busy and didn't get a chance to upload. Here're the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170502_010127.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	104379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170502_010144.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	104380   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170502_010204.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	104381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170502_010229.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	104382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170509_234055.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	104383  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170509_234103.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	104384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170509_234115.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	104385  
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #263
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey42005 View Post
Mine also converted as well (and one other collector from sideshow freaks that I know of as well). I contacted sideshow chat and they had said the following:

"I am happy to confirm that Iron Studios has remade all pieces and Sideshow will be inspecting every piece thoroughly before shipping them. We currently have this piece at our warehouse, so your order will ship out immediately after conversion."

I will have to cancel my wait list sadly because they can not do a flex plan on this item though. I have way to much coming out this month and next. Bummer as I was a day 1 pre-order on this but I took the refund in fear of all the QD issues. I had this pretty much paid off.
So if you kept your spiderman from the 1st run, that means Iron Studios remade the entire run and there will be duplicate numbers out there. There is no way Sideshow knew which numbers people kept.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #264
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
So if you kept your spiderman from the 1st run, that means Iron Studios remade the entire run and there will be duplicate numbers out there. There is no way Sideshow knew which numbers people kept.
That may not be true I had an original and had to send them a picture of my edition number and then destroy so they should know all the statues that were destroyed
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #265
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
SS Customer service is not always know for getting their facts straight, odds are the offer to replace only lasted so long so people who didn't turn in a request for a replacement didn't get their statue # remade.

Those who did put in the request had to destroy their statue after sending them their statue #

I'm guessing that's more like it then duplicate statue #'s going around.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 AM   #266
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got this beginning of the month and just got around to setting it up. First thing i'll say is it looks amazing once it was all set up. It's also a lot bigger then i thought it was going to be. But it feels very very cheap to me. Nothing like a $750 statue should be like in my opinion. Almost every part is plastic like and feels like it will break at the slightest touch. A few pieces didn't fit together easily and were a pain to get together since i felt like every piece would snap if I moved it too much. I somehow got it all together without breaking anything and i got it in the place i want it.
I really do love the look of it and how dynamic it is with Spiderman breaking though the glass and it does look really great. But i'm not sure i would buy another statue at this price point from Iron Studios with the way this one feels to me.

Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman by zuko1312, on Flickr

Collectibles by zuko1312, on Flickr
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:03 AM   #267
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

ooof! You're a braver man that I @zuko3984. I have him too, but mine is in a stuva and secure with the walls, I would be far too scared of it shifting and falling over with how you have it setup there on the railing. I just don't trust those stairs.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #268
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
ooof! You're a braver man that I @zuko3984. I have him too, but mine is in a stuva and secure with the walls, I would be far too scared of it shifting and falling over with how you have it setup there on the railing. I just don't trust those stairs.
My display cabinets are all Bestas. Didn't know about Stuvas when i set everything up. He wont fit in a Besta so this was the only place i have that he would fit. He is a lot larger then i was expecting. It's actually pretty sturdy where i have it. I think the pictures make it look like a worse place then it actually is.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:58 AM   #269
ukshaun
Hercules

The base / backdrop for Spider-man has a wow factor few other statues can match.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #270
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
Got this beginning of the month and just got around to setting it up. First thing i'll say is it looks amazing once it was all set up. It's also a lot bigger then i thought it was going to be. But it feels very very cheap to me. Nothing like a $750 statue should be like in my opinion. Almost every part is plastic like and feels like it will break at the slightest touch. A few pieces didn't fit together easily and were a pain to get together since i felt like every piece would snap if I moved it too much. I somehow got it all together without breaking anything and i got it in the place i want it.
I really do love the look of it and how dynamic it is with Spiderman breaking though the glass and it does look really great. But i'm not sure i would buy another statue at this price point from Iron Studios with the way this one feels to me.

Collectibles by zuko1312, on Flickr
I have the piece myself and personally love. I agree the stairs can be a little delicate and should have been resin but most of the statue is very solid and doc octopus arms are heavy! I own other iron studios pieces such as magneto vs sentinel which I would recommend. No plastic on that one. Superman and doomsday has a few plastic pieces on the base to make it look more dynamic but that's it. I currently have the iron studios batman vs bane on pre order from sideshow. Can't wait
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote