Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #41
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsidi View Post
So your telling me,if during transit of package thru THEIR system,and putting insurance on the amount of the item in case of damage,,the Post Office will not reimburse me???..Then why do they even have insurance for packages?...Cause they obviousley caused the damage,and I did not sign for this package,it was simply put on my porch,without needing a signature. I'm getting more and more pissed off about this every day.
They usually pay out only if lost or the outer shipping box is damaged
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #42
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsidi View Post
So your telling me,if during transit of package thru THEIR system,and putting insurance on the amount of the item in case of damage,,the Post Office will not reimburse me???..Then why do they even have insurance for packages?...Cause they obviousley caused the damage,and I did not sign for this package,it was simply put on my porch,without needing a signature. I'm getting more and more pissed off about this every day.
That really sucks, good luck.
Well see it on the bright side, this was 'only' 150,00 dollars. Could have been many more.
Still hurts i know, i had this many times too.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #43
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

Feeter is right.
You will need to prove that the package came with damage on the outside. Otherwise the responsibility will lie on the shipper and that will not be covered by the USPS insurance.
You will definitely be better contacting the seller.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:35 AM   #44
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

You should have no problem getting insurance to pull through for you as long as one thing doesn't happen = the seller screwing u over.

You REALLY need the seller on your side and advocating for you for it to even work, and the insurance is under his name (even though you technically PAID for the insurance via paypal, post office doenst care for their purposes as it will be his signature on the documentation that proves ownership of the insurance policy, as stupid as that seems)- which means he has to support ur claim that statue was not broken before shipping, AND that he will be honest enough to give you money back if he is awared the claim. Alot of dirt bags will win a claim, get their money back, have your money you sent initially, and have made double the profit when they decide not to pay you back.

Remember- UPS/PostOffice or whomever, doesn't care if the seller ends up giving u the cash once they award it to him/her - you are on your own there, so MAKE SURE you kiss his/her @ss and work with him during this process. Document ALL communications on email (including bcc'ing all emails you send to seller to yourself as well), take LOTS of pics-the item (a pic of breakage and edition # on base in same pic if possible to coincide with ebay description, sellers pics from ebay of item showing it not broken, etc), shipping box (even minor damage on the shipping box will be valid and work for you in the claim process- considering the item is labeled FRAGILE and contents made of porcilean) and be persistent to resolve it ASAP

Be prepared to file your issue with paypal and ebay- read up on the rules at their site so u know what you can do, and the time frame you have to do it in. If the seller drags his feet to resolve this on his end, he may just be trying to let the clock run out for ebay/paypal legal purposes so you are left high and dry at the end.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #45
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

lordsidi- How did this work out for you?

I hope it all worked out at the end
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote