Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #1031
built2shred
Phoenix

It wasn't until I saw all 3 of the Honey Trap girls that I saw in my mind how awesome they would all look together... Then it became a must buy, I'm just glad Whisper was still up for sale.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #1032
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wonder which girl will be next? Katya or Fireball?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 AM   #1033
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope its fireball.. Katya is my least favorite among the line...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #1034
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I just sold my Babydoll (US version) to my brother at a tremendous discount. Since I hold myself responsible for his new statue collecting addiction, it was the least I could do. And Babydoll was just boxed away in my closet anyway. Unboxing her at his place, I was reminded of the AMAZING detail and paints. Indeed, the Sucker Punch girls are what turned me on to Gentle Giant. Oh, hey, pun!

Even without seeing the movie, they look like they walked straight off a fantasy art exhibit. Which is why I don't feel the need to have all girls in my collection. It will simply be my "odds and ends" pieces. The only one I'll end up keeping will probably be Sweet Pea (and maybe Blondie).

With the Honey Trap girls, I was only ever interested in Whisper, so I'll keep her preorder. Derby looks great as well and is loaded with detail, but it doesn't instill the same love/desire/interest to make me overlook the price tag. So far Lucky is the least interesting to me, but I can see why she would appeal to others. So far, just Whisper.
Originally I wanted to take Whisper only.. but Derby is so cool with her roller skates and her anti riot shield.. and Lucky.. what to say about this badass chick.. Girls with big guns are really hot.. haha.. I am starting saving money for them so when they arrive, it wouldn't hurt my wallet.

Last edited by markuz30; 05-19-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #1035
markuz30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I just sold my Babydoll (US version) to my brother at a tremendous discount. Since I hold myself responsible for his new statue collecting addiction, it was the least I could do. And Babydoll was just boxed away in my closet anyway. Unboxing her at his place, I was reminded of the AMAZING detail and paints. Indeed, the Sucker Punch girls are what turned me on to Gentle Giant. Oh, hey, pun!

Even without seeing the movie, they look like they walked straight off a fantasy art exhibit. Which is why I don't feel the need to have all girls in my collection. It will simply be my "odds and ends" pieces. The only one I'll end up keeping will probably be Sweet Pea (and maybe Blondie).

With the Honey Trap girls, I was only ever interested in Whisper, so I'll keep her preorder. Derby looks great as well and is loaded with detail, but it doesn't instill the same love/desire/interest to make me overlook the price tag. So far Lucky is the least interesting to me, but I can see why she would appeal to others. So far, just Whisper.
Oops sorry for the error, I have blondie and not babydoll.. haha I always mix up their names.. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #1036
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Oops sorry for the error, I have blondie and not babydoll.. haha I always mix up their names.. Sorry for the mistake.
I do that too. Their names could've been chosen better. Its not us!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #1037
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I still on the fence about Whisper... I really wanting on Katya.. Love the dog idea. I think i might pull the trigger on Whisper. But those are the only two i like. I guess because of the detail and extras. But as most this might be my last GG statue. These prices are getting a little high for me. Even on the SS side also. I PO Queen of the dead from SS also.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #1038
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Still no story yet and I guess half of them are up for order...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:56 AM   #1039
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Still no story yet and I guess half of them are up for order...
Seriously though... do you really need a story to appreciate the design, sculpt and execution of the statue? No question that it would add more to their relevance but I don't see the lack of a backstory hurting the artwork.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #1040
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Agreed, there's no need for additional content for these statues, they just.....are.

Considering how things seem to be going at GG, its clear that certain things were planned / promised that the change in product lines either puts those things on hold or eliminates them completely. IMHO, just be glad they're (hopefully) completing the line.....this line would have been easy for GG to sweep under the carpet.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote