Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-29-2016, 07:28 AM   #11
mickey
The Avengers

Worst for me would be Invisible Woman.
I don't regret not getting her.

Best for me would be Jaina Solo.
She's the one that got me into bishoujos.

I would say that bishoujo's quality is starting to dwindle, but Thor & Loki's looking pretty nice.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #12
Jatz
Fantastic Four

A lot of the earlier Bishoujo figures look pretty horrendous to me, but yeah, Invisible Woman is probably my least favourite. Storm, Black Cat and Spider Woman (regular) are all pretty poor too.

As for my favourites, the two Star Wars Bishoujo are excellent. I love Psylocke and Batwoman. Poison Ivy, She Hulk/Rulk and Huntress are all really nice, too.

Expecting Thor and Loki to get into my favourites, if they look like they've been advertised.
Jatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

My least favorite is Lady Deadpool. I have her stuck to the back of my collection.

My favorites are Poison Ivy. The first Wonder Woman. Dark Phoenix.

I am very excited about the new Harley's coming out. And the new Thor and Loki
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #14
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Too many to list here but Catwoman is one of my favorites.

Worst would be Street Fighter R Mika.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #15
dechirico7
The Flash

Best: Loki, Edward Scissorhands and Squirrel Girl

In-hand favorites: Juri and Zatanna

Disappointing: "diaper" Storm, blow-up-doll-face Elektra, short-cloat Jubilee, Psylocke V2 (don't like the pose)

Horrible: exclusive x-23. That face is horrible. Looks like she is storing nuts in her cheeks for hibernating. Lady Deadpool exclusive. Ew....the acne face and stupid cloth bags.....PA SS. A variant X-Force color scheme with taco would have been way better.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:07 PM   #16
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Worst for me would be Invisible Woman.
I don't regret not getting her.

Best for me would be Jaina Solo.
She's the one that got me into bishoujos.

[B]I would say that bishoujo's quality is starting to dwindle, but Thor & Loki's looking pretty nice.
[B]
Huh? I think their quality gets better and better.
What pieces were worse?
Old 09-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #17
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Huh? I think their quality gets better and better.
What pieces were worse?
In the SF line, I expected Poison to be as attractive as Cammy & Juri, but it didn't met my expectation.
Ibuki may still be on her way, but the first official pics got me thinking twice. Seemed to me like her face looked a bit far from Shunya's illustration.
(the exclusive masked head for me was her saving grace, and glad I was able to snag one)
With the latest addition to the line: R.Mika, I like the face, but her body seemed a tad inflated than it should be.
Wish her body was a little close to Starfire's.

With the other bishoujos, I was excited for Lady Deadpool & Sniper Wolf, but the actual product, particularly their faces, wasn't as appealing to me as how the other previous bishoujos appealed to me. 'Worse' is not really a word I'd use for the new bishoujos, but I kinda expect that every release would be better than the previous ones.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #18
llama
The Spirit

I feel like the bishoujo line is lacking in quality control. It's like no matter how the sculpt comes out they just go with it. The scale and quality is all over the place. Some come out pretty well, but with others like R. Mika and Nina, I wonder what the heck they were thinking when they OK'ed the designs to be shown to the public... and even some of the other ones could have been better with a round or two of feedback. For example, I would think that someone might have noticed that Cammy's face is almost completely hidden or that Starfire is really unstable. I guess that is why they are cheaper but it also results in a lot of statues that could have been so much better with a little more quality control. I guess they are selling a lot of these so I won't expect anything to change. I do wish they would make some of my favorite characters like Lili from Tekken in the Ani statue line though. In fact, I would dump my whole Tekken bishoujo collection in a second if I could replace them with higher quality Ani Statues.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #19
dechirico7
The Flash

Ok, so it isn't actual "quality" you guys are talking about, but the design/sculpt. When you say "quality", to me, that means poor production.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #20
llama
The Spirit

I personally was talking about the quality of the design/sculpt in my last post.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote