i dont see the "bird mouth"
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #82
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont see the "bird mouth"
Come on man, you know what birds look like. The gigantic set of razor sharp teeth spread open wide enough to take someone's head off with a bite. Birds.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:22 PM   #83
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Come on man, you know what birds look like. The gigantic set of razor sharp teeth spread open wide enough to take someone's head off with a bite. Birds.
lmao! Great post, dude. I laughed so hard!
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #84
Peedi
The Secret Six

What I do like about this Classic Carnage below is what ss hasn't done with 2 1/4 Carnage statues, and that's make the red parts look equally symbiote looking as the black parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohiba99 View Post
Beautiful work of art but not very similar to classic comic carnage. Also i never liked that bird-like mouth!
I still wish for a quarter scale version of the best carnage statue out there:
Ss seems to like the red parts to mimic muscles and just have the black goo over top. I'd prefer all of him to be a gooey black and red mess, but it's definitely my ongoing bias towards classic versions over modern. Not trying to change anybody's opinions, but this is my preferred Carnage:

Would be a cool alternate head:

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #85
Peedi
The Secret Six

That said, I'm impressed by this. It doesn't match TASM PF as well to me as leaping Venom and flying Green Goblin do since Carnage is much more grounded, but I'm still all for this statue. I was looking forward to Venom because I've been wanting a 1/4 Venom for a long time but at this point I'm on the fence with Venom and more excited for this Carnage and can't see passing it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #86
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That said, I'm impressed by this. It doesn't match TASM PF as well to me as leaping Venom and flying Green Goblin do since Carnage is much more grounded, but I'm still all for this statue. I was looking forward to Venom because I've been wanting a 1/4 Venom for a long time but at this point I'm on the fence with Venom and more excited for this Carnage and can't see passing it.
I much prefer this Carnage PF over the Venom PF. Overall, it's a better looking piece IMO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #87
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
I noticed your original disappeared when I tried to link to it. But now it's back. Good job on fixing it up.
Much appreciated!

Quote:
What's the obsession with squatting symbiotes?
Maybe one of the major side effects to symbiotes is irritable bowel syndrome. You never know!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 AM   #88
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I've just come to a pretty solid conclusion. I was thinking that you know, I'm not really a big carnage fan. I'd much rather see doc ock ..etc but I just realized that if there is an awesome sculpt of some of these characters that aren't my favorite, it's ok. I'm going to pick it up. Collecting statues is a crazy hobby. It's very hard being a completist. First of all, for instance if you want to collect all of spiders villains.....you're going to be waiting a long time if you only collect SS. Plus the fact that they will probably never make 2/3rds of them. Why do we now have two carnage and still no doc ock? Plus the amount of time it would take...would literally be years. Let's face it, we are only around for so long. Then again if someone picked up all of the xm spidey rogues you'd probably have to drop 12k or something like that...anyhow my point is , for me a lot of it has to do with the sculpt. I feel that even though I'm not a big fan of carnage... But love the sculpt..so I'm going to get it. And I'm probably going to continue in this fashion.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:27 AM   #89
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I've just come to a pretty solid conclusion. I was thinking that you know, I'm not really a big carnage fan. I'd much rather see doc ock ..etc but I just realized that if there is an awesome sculpt of some of these characters that aren't my favorite, it's ok. I'm going to pick it up. Collecting statues is a crazy hobby. It's very hard being a completist. First of all, for instance if you want to collect all of spiders villains.....you're going to be waiting a long time if you only collect SS. Plus the fact that they will probably never make 2/3rds of them. Why do we now have two carnage and still no doc ock? Plus the amount of time it would take...would literally be years. Let's face it, we are only around for so long. Then again if someone picked up all of the xm spidey rogues you'd probably have to drop 12k or something like that...anyhow my point is , for me a lot of it has to do with the sculpt. I feel that even though I'm not a big fan of carnage... But love the sculpt..so I'm going to get it. And I'm probably going to continue in this fashion.
I have always collected in this fashion. Wether its art prints, statues, vintage/antique camera's, bullion, art books, etc., if I see seomthing that I visually find appealing I will buy it. Sure, when it comes to statues, its characters I like that really dominate my purchases, but as you said, if I come across a beautiful sculpt that I find really visually appealing and its not one of my favorite characters, I will still buy it. Carnage is such a statue for me as I was never a huge fan of the character, but I really love the sculpt and definitely plan on buying it.

I have a pretty extensive plastic/toy camera collection and most of those purchases were based purely on visual appeal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with collecting in this manner.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #90
kohiba99
Frackin!

Quote:
[QUOTE=Josh-a-tron;5324212]Best out there? Uh...sure...[/QUOTE

Probably you are some these guys who met Carnage from...where actually? Sideshow statue and that beautiful beautiful life size bust?

If you ever read comics from first period of carnage venom etc you would know what I ment and what the fans wanted.
For now, being sideshow fanboy is enough for you. Congrats!
kohiba99 is offline   Reply With Quote