Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #2531
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
lol did anyone notice that the size specs changed from the original. It was originally listed at 20 inches tall. I remember because I thought how did they make this so big if hes leaning forward so much. Now its listed at 15.5. I believe this was done on purpose.

Anyway mine arrived. Its nice. The EX head doesnt fit that snug. I dunno if I'll call about it. Need to think on it.

I think it was listed originally at about 18 inches. And while yes it was changed to 15.5, it was changed quite a while ago. It's not like it was last week or something.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #2532
nearmint
Phoenix

it was discussed on the boards. This pose at 20" would have been out of scale. Still, some folks were less than pleased to hear the actual height is 15.5'. Actually, when I measured it I got 15", so there goes another half inch.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #2533
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I hate all of you! Mine still doesn't ship for a week..
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #2534
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
lol did anyone notice that the size specs changed from the original. It was originally listed at 20 inches tall. I remember because I thought how did they make this so big if hes leaning forward so much. Now its listed at 15.5. I believe this was done on purpose.

Anyway mine arrived. Its nice. The EX head doesnt fit that snug. I dunno if I'll call about it. Need to think on it.

awesome piece and the scale is perfect at 15" with that pose. Love that custom gambit as well, they look perfect together!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #2535
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Killer Gambit. Trying to get one right now myself.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #2536
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Killer Gambit. Trying to get one right now myself.
good luck! I grabbed one earlier this year. They rarely come up for sale and there's only ~60 of them but if you can find one it's killer!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #2537
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
good luck! I grabbed one earlier this year. They rarely come up for sale and there's only ~60 of them but if you can find one it's killer!
Thanks! Think I might have one secured at the moment. We'll see.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #2538
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I look at this Wolverine and can't understand why multiple company products can't exist in a collection to some.

All companies make amazing statues and also some less than stellar ones...but at the end of the day...the skill of all these sculptors and painters and artists are amazing.

Even some of the panned statues amongst collectors are still well done even though it may not suit some tastes.

Btw...for a blue and yellow version Wolvie...this is done pretty well. Pose is solid, the portrait is pretty strong. I just hate the blue and yellow costume.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #2539
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I will say I do like the heads better on the original yellow PF EX. These arent bad. In fact they are very good. But I think the OG ones edge them out. ANd the OG metal claws are still waayyy better. But I do like the massive stylized claws in this one.

In terms of the size. Yes it could have been changed a while back but I know it still said 20 inches a good 2 months after I ordered it because I checked.

I actually LOVED the base when I took it out of the box. Holy cow this is a step up from normal SS bases IMO. THe sad thing is when you put him on it its less impressive. The color is pretty much the same as his blue.

I really wish they would have given the guy with blue boots and gloves the purple sentinel base and the guy with purple cape and boots the blue sentinel. Wolverines feet blend right in.....
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #2540
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Just got this bad-boy in today! FLAWLESS!! BRAVO SIDESHOW! This is deff a 10/10! I knew that Raf Grassetti (art director for the recent God of War game) did the sculpt and had Martin Canale assist with the face. This was a deadly combo and i would love to see Sideshow have them collaborate and do another X-Men piece! I'd also like to see Raf do a 1/4 scale God of War statue! Very happy i bought this piece!!

p.s-pictures really DO NOT do the statues justice! This piece completely captures THE WOLVERINE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SNIKT.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	115198  
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote