Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #561
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post

Gotta love the heart you have for that company bro, hope it pays off.
But as far as SS-MC Hammer said it best - Can't touch this. Beastie Boys said it too- They got the skills to pay the bills. .

I'm a broken record, but when SS decides to flex their talents, like they did here- not even the Juggernaut can stop them! Maybe P1 but they are in a Bat frenzy ATM.

All fun banter. I love every collectors passion for the hobby. Without it, we wouldn't have the choices we do today. I hope you find that one true Brown suit Wolverine bud, I feel your pain as I wait for my perfect Hulk!

Just a little joke. Stop being such a costume racist. Jeez. Lol.

I am also waiting for a killer Brown suit Wolverine. The SS is fantastic but the base is just an eye sore.
Definitely an underrated piece.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #562
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Did you see the concept art for Brown Wolverine from XM? The 3D rendering is almost done. I think we are about to see the definitive Brown Wolverine we have all been waiting for! I love all the Wolverines coming out this year!
I love all the Wolverines too. Keep em coming IMO.
XForce style as well.
XMs is looking awesome, but gotta see him painted.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #563
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Are you speaking about the yellow version? Because I am considering the brown costume to be release.
Yes, I was comparing the 2 yellow and blue costume Wolverines from XM and sideshow. I have the brown sideshow PF and I love it. I can't say much about the XM brown costume Wolverine. I only saw the concept art. I haven't seen it printed yet or painted up so I can't comment on it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #564
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
A very nice Wolverine but definitely not the best. Sculpt looks great. Impressive detail. Textures a plus! Masked version cheeks look a little wide but I guess for accuracy with the facial hair had to be done. Chipmunk! I like everything else about this mask. Unmasked face design nice! Pose on sentinel? Unoriginal. But the reason I won't be picking this up. Not feeling the costume design. Too cosplay for me and gloves too short. Sorry Wolverine. I am your biggest fan.

The best Wolverine in yellow and blue is the Hulk vs Wolvie but in that he has to share the spotlight.

Maybe the next iteration will be something cool.

However, this far exceeds the designs from Iron Studios. They are still on a learning curve but hope they continue.

That's my pennies for the day...
I agree unpainted the masked version has a wide jaw but when painted black/dark it may look better.

SS as always have the best portraits out there
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #565
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yellow and blue costume ROCKS! I've got the COM, HULK and Wolverine MAQ, and the brown PF. I love them all but I grew up on classic yellow and blue Wolverine so that costume will always be my favorite. If this new PF had his classic yellow and blue costume, I'd be all over it and sell my COM to make room for it. However, since it's not, I'll end up passing on this.
See we differ. I came in on comics during the Chris Claremont days of brown and yellow. But also, from a scientific standpoint and relatable standpoint, the blue and yellow doesn't make sense. Its pansy as a drag queen dressed like Madonna.

Brown and yellow are close to the colors of a Wolverine, which in fact is an earthy animal. Wolverine's are ferocious little animals that are dark in color.

More than anything though...the color scheme has just been done to death. I'd rather see Wolvie in his black costume or maybe something else...pink and green...anything but yellow and blue. It's driving me nuts and I cant' escape it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #566
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post

Gotta love the heart you have for that company bro, hope it pays off.
But as far as SS-MC Hammer said it best - Can't touch this. Beastie Boys said it too- They got the skills to pay the bills. .

I'm a broken record, but when SS decides to flex their talents, like they did here- not even the Juggernaut can stop them! Maybe P1 but they are in a Bat frenzy ATM.

All fun banter. I love every collectors passion for the hobby. Without it, we wouldn't have the choices we do today. I hope you find that one true Brown suit Wolverine bud, I feel your pain as I wait for my perfect Hulk!

Just a little joke. Stop being such a costume racist. Jeez. Lol.

I am also waiting for a killer Brown suit Wolverine. The SS is fantastic but the base is just an eye sore.
The portrait was an eyesore. I could deal with everything else on the SS brown and yellow.

In response to the first bold text...I am a fan of every company. Hell, there are some things from each company that are just as impressive as anything other companies have done.

Sagat 1:3 from PCS is just as impressive than ANYTHING SS has done. Prime 1 Serpentor is just as impressive as anything SS has done. I could go on and on...even to the 1:6 Hot Toys figures and beyond. It's more the AD that lures me to other companies outside of SS because they take strides to push the industry forward and keep advancing.

But all artists and sculptors in all these companies from XM to SS to PCS and Prime 1 have the top talent in the world. There is so much product on the market from all these companies that it is overwhelming. I can't keep up...
Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #567
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I agree unpainted the masked version has a wide jaw but when painted black/dark it may look better.

SS as always have the best portraits out there
They used to...not so much anymore. There are great portraits from all companies...and stinkers too...lol.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #568
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
See we differ. I came in on comics during the Chris Claremont days of brown and yellow. But also, from a scientific standpoint and relatable standpoint, the blue and yellow doesn't make sense. Its pansy as a drag queen dressed like Madonna.

Brown and yellow are close to the colors of a Wolverine, which in fact is an earthy animal. Wolverine's are ferocious little animals that are dark in color.

More than anything though...the color scheme has just been done to death. I'd rather see Wolvie in his black costume or maybe something else...pink and green...anything but yellow and blue. It's driving me nuts and I cant' escape it.
As if that really has anything to do with comic characters costumes. One could write a book on all of the unrealistic or downright ridiculous aspects of various comic characters costumes throughout the years, including those dealing with color. Plus its all subjective. Colors you may think ridiculous others might love. There is no right or wrong in any of it. Its all just opinion. Personally, I love blue and yellow Wolverine and this will definitely be a day one pre order for me.

Pixar really put it best:

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #569
SONICobra
Batman

batman rocks the f_ck out of that cape. /derail
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #570
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
batman rocks the f_ck out of that cape. /derail
Couldn't agree more! Batman basically has a cape because Bob Kane was inspired by Douglas Fairbanks in the 1920 version of "Zorro". He thought it looked cool and would add to the artwork and he was right! It absolutely did add to the artwork. Batman with a cape is much more dramatic looking that Batman without a cape.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote