Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
Batwing
Cobra Command

This is terrible news. There were even small children killed in the cinema. Is nowhere safe anymore?
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
This is terrible news. There were even small children killed in the cinema. Is nowhere safe anymore?
I heard a 3 month old was injured. My question is why was a 3 month old at a midnight screening of a movie?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
dt3k
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I heard a 3 month old was injured. My question is why was a 3 month old at a midnight screening of a movie?
He probably had parents who love Batman but couldn't find a sitter.

This world is a cold, dark place. We lost 12 human beings, 12 people just like you and me. Batman and comic book fans. I really hope the 38 injured stays that way and we don't lose anymore.
dt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
An idiot shouldn't be allowed to have children. Can't wait to see it when a babysitter was available. This bothers me more than the shooter as this kind of stuff doesn't shock me any more.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

My prayers to those effected and a life of suffering and torment for that piece of sh!t that did this.

So horrible as these people would have been so, so, so, unprepared and very helpless as they should have been going out to enjoy a night at the movies.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
An idiot shouldn't be allowed to have children. Can't wait to see it when a babysitter was available. This bothers me more than the shooter as this kind of stuff doesn't shock me any more.
I questioned this as well and my wife brought up the great point that a 3mo old would sleep through the entire thing and would only be awake to eat. Still not ideal but maybe not as big a deal as we are making it. Can't let stuff like this distract us from focusing ire where it belongs, and that is with the person who killed innocent people going to a movie.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
patrickwm68
The Flash

As loud as that movie probably is I doubt the baby would have slept very long. I hate when people are so inconsiderate as to bring babies and small children to the movies. Nothing ticks me off more then to have my movie going experience ruined by a crying child.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

In my 30+ years of movie-going, I've never been to a theater where there were any metal detectors at all. Here in Arizona we have the most lax gun laws in the country. After another theater shooting a few years back in Florida, I started carrying my pistol full time (licensed). I hate to say it, but before the years up, something else along these lines will happen. That's just human nature. So so sad. I'm nervous about the Olympics and lack of security/strikes there in UK. My prayers will be with all those involved.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Teague
Iron Man

Checking in; I'm fine. I see Joe posting on Facebook, so he's okay too. Glad you're fine, Keith!

This is just awful. The death toll is up to 13 now, and over 50 wounded. And his apartment is apparently boobytrapped with explosives--they've evacuated the buildings around his apartment complex.

I can't believe they have the shooter in custody. Rare that one of these lunatics doesn't take himself out.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Sadness, anger and helplessness is what I am feeling right now to this horrible tragedy.

I am surprised someone was able to carry weapons inside. Didn't realize that there are no metal detectors at the cinemas there. Ever since the Mumbai terrorist attack happened few years ago, they implemented that here in India. Most city malls have the attendees go through metal detectors and it is repeated again including being patted down when they enter the multiplex.

On the flip side as a firearms owner, I am massively frustrated that licensed concealed carry is not encouraged. Criminals often have all the advantage as citizens we are not taught that when seconds count, the police are minutes away and we are the first responders. I think of Israel where firearms are seconds away by most of the citizenry.
An emergency happens and few are able to have the tools on hand to take care of the emergency. It's like not having a fire extinquisher in a building.

Horrible day.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote