Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #101
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Maybe it’s only the JP pieces. I was able to order Catwoman no problem.
Correct only with JP.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #102
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
This isn't correct, people are confused enough as it is, so don't speculate like its truth. Chronicle is in talks right now to distribute themselves still, and no way to know for sure if SS will work a deal with Chronicle to also distribute. SS is not carrying the Iron Studio stuff(yet anyway) so probably won't do P1 either. That basically just takes money away from Chronicle so I don't see it happening.
Lisence or not, I don't think Chronicle is in the position to be able to distribute for P1. P1 put out stuff hard and fast, Chronicle is a tiny unit # somewhere in a commercial plaza. Can you imagine these guys trying to sort out, ship, and store the truck loads of boxes that would be showing up? Who they gonna get to do all this? Their 2-3 employees? Give me a break. This is a disaster waiting to happen, Chronicle couldn't even ship out canes properly, then just blamed a hole in the wall company (they chose) for the issues. They are no where near the level of Sideshow or P1 to undertake this. They should just let SS take care of it, I'm sure Chronicle know this, and I'm guessing they're gonna let Sideshow take care of the actual work since they have the systems and infrastructure to do it. Chronicle is just gonna ask P1 to pay up if they want sell on their turf and let SS do all the hard work.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #103
jinkazama
Cobra Command

What does the P1 1/6 Blue retail for?
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #104
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I hope they figure this out soon cause I want to jump on the Dino train.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #105
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

This situation with North American distribution is costing them sales. All those impulse buys after this opening weekend will be gone in a few days.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #106
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
This situation with North American distribution is costing them sales. All those impulse buys after this opening weekend will be gone in a few days.
Eyyup.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #107
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
There are definitely a lot of untappped sales waiting in the wings. It behooves them to work out this situation sooner rather than later.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #108
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

At the end of the day whether people like it or not Chronicle own the rights to all high end collectibles for Jurassic Park/World in the USA and they have paid a lot of money and made sure they have secured that right.

If Chronicle decide not to distribute or they can't come to an agreement with Prime 1 then the situation goes like XM used to be and still is in some cases....where you will be paying over the odds for the item, paying ALOT of shipping and import fees and probably paying a middleman as well....

Now either Prime 1 didn't know who owned the US rights or didn't care, because they've shown a lot of product really fast and have obviously hit a brick wall when it comes to distribution outside of Asia. They really should have sorted all this out before pre-order but obviously they didn't think that far ahead or thought they could just go through Sideshow.....but like i said that isn't happening without Chronicles say so.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #109
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Life will find a way my friend. When people wants something they will get it the easy or hard way. I ve been collecting jp props since 15 years, i did not waited for chronicles to get them. With internet people will find a way anyway.
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 PM   #110
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Or potentially Prime 1 was on top of it and Chronicle didn't want competition on the movie's release so they're dragging their feet. Really, does Chronicle want a baby blue 1:1 competing with theirs during the movie's release....
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote