Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
Lizard King
Death is hereditary.

I ended up going home early and spent the next 10 hours or so taping everything I could off the TV. I got almost everything including all the post 9/11 specials and concerts. I intend to eventually get everything transferred to DVD and put it aside for my kids when they grow up. It'll be hard to watch, but I wanted them to know firsthand what went on, and not to learn about it second hand and watered down in school.

Never forget and Never forgive indeed.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #22
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i have been checking otu the news and have seen nothing about this.

i am very proud of americans cause of this. finally getting on with life. no politicians trying to use it for political gain. its about time.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #23
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I hope the godless bastards who did that are having fun burning in hell right now. Hopefully, Bin Laden will join them sooner rather than later.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #24
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I was on the train heading to work when the conductor announced that the train would not pass a certain stop due to a plane crash at the WTC. As we got closer downtown new passengers were updating us about the second plane. When I got off on 34th street I saw one lone police office standing in front of the Empire State Building looking petrified. A few minutes later the first tower fell.

Back then I lived all the way uptown and it took hours to get home. I remember the only thing in the sky were fighter jets.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #25
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Here's my 9/11 story.

I was working in the Bronx as an assistant principal. I was standing in the street waiting for an ambulance (one of my kids was having an asthma attack) and a teacher was outside with a walkman on.

She told me a plane flew into the WTC. I assumed it was just an accident, some single-engine prop that flew too low and clipped the tower or something.

Soon, the ambulance came and took the child away and I made my way to the principal's office, where everyone was watching TV. I saw the burning building and I realized it was more serious than I originally thought. As we were watching the second plane hit, and we were completely aghast. I've never experienced anything so unbelievably horrible first hand. People leaping from the windows of the burning building...my god.

Not long after that, they showed the Penatgon, the field in Pennsylvania. I didnt think we were at war with a country - they wouldnt attack in this way. My first thought was a rebellion at the hands of the militia. But terrorism never crossed my mind.

Soon after, the towers fell.

My wife (girlfriend) at the time was working in Manhattan (60th and Broadway) about 60 blocks from the WTC. NYPD closed all the bridges, shut down all the trains...and she was in Manhattan. I had no idea how to get to her. She wound up riding up to the Bronx with a co-worker and met me at my school. After all the kids were gone, we drove home (back to Brookyln) but had to go the long way (across the Tappan Zee I believe).

As we crossed the bridge, we looked to the right and saw Manhattan. A huge plume of smoke was lifting out over southern Manhattan and floating across the island like a shroud. It was horrific and awesome to behold at the same time.

Eventually we got home, after hours of travel and spent the rest of the evening watching the news.

The funny thing is, the news said something about a "5th plane that crashed in an undisclosed location" and we never heard anything else about it. I wondered about that...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #26
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #27
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
The funny thing is, the news said something about a "5th plane that crashed in an undisclosed location" and we never heard anything else about it. I wondered about that...
You and me both, VM. I'm sure there's a lot about that day that we don't know, and most of us never will.

And I know I said this last year, but I can't get onboard with the "never forgive" part. Never forget, all for. And I honestly probably never will forgive the wastes of breath that planned and/or committed these crimes. But to say "never forget" is one thing; "never forgive" gives Bin Laden and his ilk a hell of a lot of power over us, IMHO.

Maybe it's just me.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #28
teeball
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Being the PROUD Father of a New York City Firefighter, FDNY, we live with the memory every day. Guaranteed we will never forget.
teeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #29
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The one thing I remember was we were one nation that day. I hope we don't need that to happen again to have that feeling.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #30
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I was home from work sick ... my wife called me and came home - we sat in disbelief all day watching the news.

Never forget

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote