Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #5151
off
The X-Men

Response from Sideshow regarding my message of disappointment about today's code drop:

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, our teams are not always made aware of how promotions will be done in advance. There are time that different promotions are run differently at different times. But as always, Sideshow appreciates all constructive feedback as it always helps us to improve our processes and procedures. Thanks!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #5152
off
The X-Men

Response from Sideshow regarding my message of disappointment about today's code drop:

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, our teams are not always made aware of how promotions will be done in advance. There are time that different promotions are run differently at different times. But as always, Sideshow appreciates all constructive feedback as it always helps us to improve our processes and procedures. Thanks!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #5153
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
CODE4U2020
Sorry, that code has reached it's usage limit.

Not had that message before.
They've never had limits before. That's the whole system they were testing.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #5154
BurningRage
Inhumans

Best to stand back and stand by for more codes
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #5155
BurningRage
Inhumans

Best to stand back and stand by for more codes
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #5156
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think they were testing the line system - horrendous - not really the code limit. I think the limit was a testing matrix as opposed to a free for all.

But maybe that is the second phase of testing, a timed system with the line and see which works better??
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #5157
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think they were testing the line system - horrendous - not really the code limit. I think the limit was a testing matrix as opposed to a free for all.

But maybe that is the second phase of testing, a timed system with the line and see which works better??
We'll find out. I'm guessing they're just trying to figure out way to keep the website from crashing. And give priority people actually finding the codes and not just people in groups.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201001-143308_Facebook.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	133655  
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #5158
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
We'll find out. I'm guessing they're just trying to figure out way to keep the website from crashing. And give priority people actually finding the codes and not just people in groups.
Hmm. So priority to people actually watching the stuff rather than the code hounds.

I don’t like it, but it does incentivize people watching their content. If you’re part of a group sharing codes, you have no reason to watch currently.
Bill Lehecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #5159
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

What a mess. I didn't get the code--shocker--but I can't believe it was for only $2 anyway. Honestly, these codes are really more trouble than they're worth to me. I'm not losing sleep for $2-5. I'm not sitting at my computer in anticipation anymore only to be disappointed with $2. From now on, if I happen to get one, then I happen to get one, but the whole process hasn't been fun for a couple years.

Between the mess with the codes and the complete transfer of big events to social media, I've been tired of Sideshow for awhile. I miss the days of doing everything on the site--scrounging pages for codes, the scavenger hunt, etc. #oldschool #crotchetyoldmanalert
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #5160
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

stupid double post
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote