Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #921
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
The Sentinel Dio's do look great. My problem is if you don't get the dio's, and just want the pieces individually, then they look kind of silly as stand alone pieces. Or I should say, Sentinel Dio 2 and 3 are fine. Whether you get the sentinels or just the stand alones, each piece looks great and works. My issue is with Dio 1. Wolverine especially and Beast. Their individual piece stances look out of place. Those are probably the only 2 I'm not sure if I want to get. And unfortunately they are the only other 2 available right now from the newer pieces. I think Rogue and Cyclops are next in December.
You're hitting the nail on the head again! I picked and choose the individual pieces I wanted but IMHO some of the pieces only "work" within the realm of the Dio. Wolverine is a prime example of this. Strangely Psylocke and Archangel form a mini dio that looks really good together.

Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #922
Biggunz
Loki

Yes this looks better to me than in the actual sentinel
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #923
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Received my Beast today. Looks good and I really like his action pose. I dont like that the base is larger than the statue 😕

Edit: Now I see why everyone pictures are rotated. This forum doesn't respect picture orientation. Ended up having to upload to imgur first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dhnyyxE.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	459.9 KB
ID:	133626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mv0WxN3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	133627   Click image for larger version

Name:	f95K4ZJ.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	133628   Click image for larger version

Name:	gtmOiv8.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	133629  
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #924
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Yes the Beast looks very good,but these larger bases have pushed the prices up massively to 1/6 prices,and i don't have unlimited funds in these stricken economic times.

As others have said i'll be very selective what i buy now,because of the increasing prices...the Beast,Archangel,Psylocke,Pyro,Juggernaut,Omega Red being on my radar...and maybe Magneto if i can get it at a decent price.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #925
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
Received my Beast today. Looks good and I really like his action pose. I dont like that the base is larger than the statue 😕

Edit: Now I see why everyone pictures are rotated. This forum doesn't respect picture orientation. Ended up having to upload to imgur first.
Thanks for posting pictures. I've been waiting to see some in hand pics or an unboxing video. I think the detail on Beast looks good, but the pose I'm just not sure about. He's up high on the sentinel Dio, and it makes sense, but how do you feel the pose fits on the individual piece? Do you think he seems too low to the ground? Does he seem like he is "scratching" at the Sentinel head, kind of like a dog?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #926
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I think the detail on Beast looks good, but the pose I'm just not sure about. He's up high on the sentinel Dio, and it makes sense, but how do you feel the pose fits on the individual piece? Do you think he seems too low to the ground? Does he seem like he is "scratching" at the Sentinel head, kind of like a dog?
I really like the pose. Its classic beast. A few thoughts:
  • He is not scratching the head. Its more like he is grasping at it for leverage as his other hand rips out a piece from the sentinel cheek. His hand and knee are embedded in the sentinel as if he jumped on it with lots of force and made a dent. The dent perfectly fits his hand.
  • It does feel a bit weird that the head is on the ground and detached. Maybe he rode the head down as it fell??
  • The wood flooring is nice, but doesn't match the Professor X piece. The wood is thicker and it has wood subflooring where the Prof X piece has a stone subfloor.
  • The piece he ripped out has wires and doesn't actually look like it came out of the hole in the cheek. There is nothing that matches it in that crevasse.
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #927
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
The Sentinel Dio's do look great. My problem is if you don't get the dio's, and just want the pieces individually, then they look kind of silly as stand alone pieces. Or I should say, Sentinel Dio 2 and 3 are fine. Whether you get the sentinels or just the stand alones, each piece looks great and works. My issue is with Dio 1. Wolverine especially and Beast. Their individual piece stances look out of place. Those are probably the only 2 I'm not sure if I want to get. And unfortunately they are the only other 2 available right now from the newer pieces. I think Rogue and Cyclops are next in December.
It is the Sentinel Dio's that are driving my interest on this line. Otherwise, I would only be picking a select few. I prefer 1/5 or larger but the nostalgia and presence of having such a Dio is what sells this for me. Could there be more detail in each 1/10 sculpt? Sure, but the real estate is different at this scale. Are some of the pieces better than others? Yes. Together does the whole make for the sum of it's pieces, hellz yeah.

I am in for 2 out of the 3 Dio's and a few proximity pieces. This will be epic when it comes out. But I am ok with the wait and spacing out as this will be blowing holes in the wallet.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #928
Shoo
Hercules

Shanghai Wonder Festival 2020

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #929
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Silver Samurai:

Jesse Custer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #930
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Didn't see Silver Samurai coming before some of the other villains. Detail looks awesome. I was guessing Mr. Sinister.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote