Old 03-05-2015, 12:25 AM   #21
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Jason Mamoa, and the timing of the announcement, got me excited

Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:27 AM   #22
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Rumor is that they have some big announcements in the works but are waiting for things to firm up. IMHO, once they started splitting their attention between this one and the Edmonton show the CE took a hit.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 AM   #23
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Nah, the Calgary Expo started taking a hit when C2E2 moved to the same weekend the past 2 years. Then Calgary realized...hey, we sell out even without all that great a comic guest list, why bother bringing in a lot of them? We can skimp on that, bring in more entertainment guests, and sell more tix and photo ops. That's what this show has become all about. It really is looking like this will be my last Calgary Expo for a while...just not worth the trip anymore, would rather do other shows, with better guest lists. Also, a pet peeve....people keep calling this the 10th anniversary show, but it started in 2006...10th anniversary show would be 2016's show...this is the 10th show, but NOT the 10th anniversary! End rant.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 AM   #24
DCooper08
Frackin!

Ya, that's actually true. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something big they always have exclusive events they host on the Saturday nights so considering none have been announced yet, will see???

Just super late we are almost a month away. Will see if we eat our words soon.
DCooper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #25
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
Also, a pet peeve....people keep calling this the 10th anniversary show, but it started in 2006...10th anniversary show would be 2016's show...this is the 10th show, but NOT the 10th anniversary! End rant.
I didn't realize that! I've just been going by the official website that states it's the 10th anniversary.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just checked the site today and there's a slew of creators that were just announced. Hope there's a few that interest you.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #27
DCooper08
Frackin!

They post media guests every Tuesday and Artist and creators every Thursday. A lot of the people announced today have been regulars over the last couple of years. Either way regardless of guests ill be there all four days and I'm sure ill find some hidden gems that went unmentioned. I've been hoping for a Humberto Ramos, Dan Slott, Scott Snyder, type name for the last little while.

Will have to see what they announce within the next two weeks!!

Any names you guys are looking forward to ?

-DC
Old 03-06-2015, 01:25 AM   #28
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Actually a decent guest listing today. Bolton, Hardin, Vines, and Zajac all interest me (Vines and Zajac ink artists I like, so hopefully they'll bring OA). Humberto Ramos actually attended the Expo once, years back.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #29
DCooper08
Frackin!

I literally had no Idea. I just hope they choose to bring him back. They announced a couple yesterday that are pretty active in a few titles I'm reading so we will have to see who else they bring.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #30
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

guest list is getting better...im very happy Edwin Huang is coming, definitely going to get a commission from him, and get my bruce timm black and white statue signed by timm...things are getting better slowly...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote