Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Storm Danger Room Sessions Request Thread

Who else is up for Storm to join the Danger Room Sessions line besides me? I know a few of you are. We're finally getting Rogue. That's minus one from my list. Erick has to make Storm. Get her flying or hovering somehow. I would love an alternate Blackbird base like from this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkQaqlIC2M
at 4:37 in.

But I know they'll stick with the Sentinel base which is cool. Perhaps next year we'll see Storm at SDCC.

Some reference images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Men_#1_Jim_Lee.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	85663   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Men_CotA_Artwork.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	85664   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Men_CotA_Storm_Stage.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	85665  

Last edited by ReplicantSavior; 07-27-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added images.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
Scribe
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I love Erick's work and will probably pick up Brown Wolvie and Carnage because I don't have those yet--well I have Wolvie but not in brown--but there are already so many Storms out there.

I have been kind of bummed the last few characters Erick has picked. I was over the moon about Cyclops after his sneak. I wish his paint job especially his teeth didn't get ruined by that crappy factory.

Juggs, Psylocke, Rogue, now he is saying Iceman and Cable. These characters have all already been done so many times. Yes, I know, not by Erick, and not on a Sentinel base, I understand, and not everyone liked the Bowen Rogue, but the original Koto DRS Rogue was flying at least. This one looks more pinup as beautiful as it is, I think I will hang onto my Bowen Rogue that everyone hates.

My vote would be for Erick to tackle some popular characters that have never been done before. Jubilee, Shadowcat, blue Dazzler, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, so many great untapped choices out there.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

While I wouldnt mind a Storm...there are so many others I would rather see made before her: Iceman, Apocalypse, Jubilee, Cable, Jean Grey, Mr. Sinister and even a new Archangel sculpt in pink/blue.

Wish you luck though!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I hope Apoc is next!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I'd like to see a Storm. We're way overdue for a new take on her white costume from some company, and it might as well be Kotobukiya. The Bowen '90s Storm is fine, but Erick can easily top it.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 AM   #6
Shin Metsu88
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Would love to see storm but like I posted in another thread I prefer Jean first (had a crush on her when I was a kid)
Shin Metsu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #7
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
While I wouldnt mind a Storm...there are so many others I would rather see made before her: Iceman, Apocalypse, Jubilee, Cable, Jean Grey, Mr. Sinister and even a new Archangel sculpt in pink/blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I hope Apoc is next!
Apocalypse will be peaking in popularity soon enough, with the next X-men movie and all. I hope Kotobukiya takes advantage of that.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #8
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Would like to see Storm join the series, followed by Jean, Iceman, Angel, Havok, Polaris, Nightcrawler and Prof X.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

OP updated with reference pics.

I don't think Erick ever confirmed it. I can't remember. But when he started I got the feeling that he was attempting the whole of Jim Lee's X-Men #1 cover. Mixed with some of Capcom's X-Men Children of the Atom arcade fighter characters. Which itself was influenced by Lee. He's only a few hero characters away from completing the line up. Of course there are a bunch more bad guys. I would probably only want the Sentinel out of those. But I'm kind of curious what he could do with a Spiral sculpt.

1. Storm

2. Ice Man

3. Beast

4. Jean

5. Professor X

6. Spiral

7. Omega Red

8. Silver Samurai

9. Sentinel
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #10
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Who else is up for Storm to join the Danger Room Sessions line besides me? I know a few of you are. We're finally getting Rogue. That's minus one from my list. Erick has to make Storm. Get her flying or hovering somehow. I would love an alternate Blackbird base like from this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkQaqlIC2M
at 4:37 in.

But I know they'll stick with the Sentinel base which is cool. Perhaps next year we'll see Storm at SDCC.

Some reference images.
Storm is my #1 pick as well, now that Rogue and Brown Wolverine are finding their way to our shelves! I like the idea of using the Blackbird as a base. Obviously, it can't be the whole jet but maybe a portion of it. I could see one of the vertical fins sticking out of the ground - implying that the Blackbird has been destroyed and buried in this Danger Room simulation. And then having Storm attach to it for a nice flying pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
I love Erick's work and will probably pick up Brown Wolvie and Carnage because I don't have those yet--well I have Wolvie but not in brown--but there are already so many Storms out there.

I have been kind of bummed the last few characters Erick has picked. I was over the moon about Cyclops after his sneak. I wish his paint job especially his teeth didn't get ruined by that crappy factory.

Juggs, Psylocke, Rogue, now he is saying Iceman and Cable. These characters have all already been done so many times. Yes, I know, not by Erick, and not on a Sentinel base, I understand, and not everyone liked the Bowen Rogue, but the original Koto DRS Rogue was flying at least. This one looks more pinup as beautiful as it is, I think I will hang onto my Bowen Rogue that everyone hates.

My vote would be for Erick to tackle some popular characters that have never been done before. Jubilee, Shadowcat, blue Dazzler, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, so many great untapped choices out there.
I feel your frustration man. We all have our "most wanted" lists, and it sucks when your choices aren't in sync with the vocal majority. You have to factor in buyers who never invested in Bowen. It's hard to fault them for requesting characters like Apocalypse or Sinister over the sentimental mainstays of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I'm really hoping Bowen renews their contract to tap into the more 2nd and 3rd tier characters. Of the heroes you mentioned, Jubilee probably has the best shot at being made given her ties to the Blue Team.

Also, get that Cyclops repainted! The factory really dropped the ball on him. He was my favorite X-Man growing up and now he's my favorite Sosa statue thanks to Duke Fleed's amazing work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I'd like to see a Storm. We're way overdue for a new take on her white costume from some company, and it might as well be Kotobukiya. The Bowen '90s Storm is fine, but Erick can easily top it.
Agreed. That 90's Storm was based off a Phase 1 design and, while fine for its time, Erick would have no trouble topping it. Storm's problem might be having too many awesome poses to choose from in picking a sculpt.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote