Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #231
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232 View Post
And I guess that if you want to add details, that's to mimic the maquette you scanned closer? Because I guess that's the goal no?
Nope. The goal is to match the CGI model which has a much more complex skin than the maquette. That's why I said it would look flat, because the maquette kinda is.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #232
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Seeing the pictures I'll be damned if this is not a 3D scan of the maquette. Or they did a perfect match if it's sculpted.

I don't know if CC wants to confirm this is a 3D scan of the maquette but if it's so, that would make this the most accurate JP1 T-Rex ever put on the market (apart from the maquette itself).

Well, total accuracy, huge piece. What else can I do lol.

Chronicle let's make an agreement. If you commit to that paintjob you have a preorder here.
So, now the maquette isn't good, it's kinda flat
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #233
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

I will not fall for provocations, thanks.

Thank you for quoting the very first post where I said this was a scan of the maquette, I said it was a scan of the maquette like 50 times while some "experts" insisted that it was impossible laughing loudly.

I'll talk only about the piece itself, like I said. I won't argue with unrespectful people. Thanks.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:32 AM   #234
Leekson

Provocation? Disrespectful? I'm not disrespectful, man you should really think twice before you post something, be consistent with your claims, put some evidences or change the tone in your head while reading my posts, because I speak calmly and bring evidences, no need for myself to laugh loudly
First you've said that the only accurate JP1 Rex is the maquette and later that the goal is to match CGI model
You're doing the same thing like in other threads, when people prove you're wrong, you escape to give straight answer and avoid discussion
And no problem, I will quote you or anyone else who said it was full scan of the maquette and will bring evidences, because pics tells more than words
Will also continue to talk about the piece itself, because that piece consists of base, neck, teeth, tail, skin etc...
Old 10-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #235
Ninner

[QUOTE=Leekson;5671156]Paul stated in live video that Rotunda Rex is a complete scan of 1/5 Rex maquette. Couple of things are bothering me regarding that statement. Here you can see comparison pics

My question is, why is it so different?
In my opinion, there can be two things, either it's not a scan of the maquette or someone did a very bad job on an awesome model scan.

With all due respect, CC will say anything to sell their products. They underestimate the fan's knowledge of the franchise.
They once said that their Sick Triceratops model was direct from ILM but in fact ILM never worked on the sick trike in JP. That entire scene was done using Stan Winston's animatronic only. Julien Romeo was actually behind that piece and if I'm not mistaken, CC failed to mention him or give him any credit for it. Ironically, he now works for the competition over at Prime 1 Studios, so they shot themselves in the foot there!
They also said that their Stegosaurus was an original maquette from Stan Winston's studio, which was completely false because I actually sold mine to them, which had been cast in 2014. Not to mention that they used (a poorer version of) the paint job I originally gave it. When I questioned them about this, they admitted that they "liked my work so much they used it." Once again however, I received no credit or mention from them whatsoever.
I'd take anything CC says with a large pinch of salt, which is a real shame because they had a great opportunity with the JP licence!
Ninner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #236
Leekson

@Ninner

I agree with you. Same goes for the Parasaurolophus which isn't yet launched, they got it from my friend and he got it from the place I've pointed him. It was already 2nd generation recast and now CC made a mold again, which makes it 3rd generation recast and probably some details are lost, but that's another story...
What I'm trying to say, so people wouldn't get me wrong... I'm not a CC hater, I'm pointing out to some mistakes that can easily be fixed, but what I do hate is when people are trying to sell me false story
Gandalf said in LOTR: "All good stories deserve little embellishment". Rotunda Rex is a great story, something we've all wanted and waited for a long time, but it's a bad business strategy to say it's a scan of the maquette, when it's obviously not. There's really no need for that, it will not sell the product better
You know, despite terrible paintjob and not correct skin texture, I've learned to love my BO Rex, because the proportions are fine and pose is like 95% matched. I could swallow wrong skin texture if the pose and proportions are matched on Rotunda Rex, but this way and with claims that's a scan of the 1/5 maquette... no thanks

Last edited by Leekson; 10-22-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #237
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

[QUOTE=Ninner;5671484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Paul stated in live video that Rotunda Rex is a complete scan of 1/5 Rex maquette. Couple of things are bothering me regarding that statement. Here you can see comparison pics

My question is, why is it so different?
In my opinion, there can be two things, either it's not a scan of the maquette or someone did a very bad job on an awesome model scan.

With all due respect, CC will say anything to sell their products. They underestimate the fan's knowledge of the franchise.
They once said that their Sick Triceratops model was direct from ILM but in fact ILM never worked on the sick trike in JP. That entire scene was done using Stan Winston's animatronic only. Julien Romeo was actually behind that piece and if I'm not mistaken, CC failed to mention him or give him any credit for it. Ironically, he now works for the competition over at Prime 1 Studios, so they shot themselves in the foot there!
They also said that their Stegosaurus was an original maquette from Stan Winston's studio, which was completely false because I actually sold mine to them, which had been cast in 2014. Not to mention that they used (a poorer version of) the paint job I originally gave it. When I questioned them about this, they admitted that they "liked my work so much they used it." Once again however, I received no credit or mention from them whatsoever.
I'd take anything CC says with a large pinch of salt, which is a real shame because they had a great opportunity with the JP licence!
what they meant is that the stego is a stan Winston sculpt, not that it came directly from the master. but that is indeed the stan Winston stego. no doubt about it. I have it myself.
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #238
Ninner

[QUOTE=tamaboy311;5671576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post

what they meant is that the stego is a stan Winston sculpt, not that it came directly from the master. but that is indeed the stan Winston stego. no doubt about it. I have it myself.
People shouldn’t have to decipher ‘what they meant’. Yes it is from the same moulds. But the product information they provided at the time was not clear and was misleading.
I made several points anyway, not just about the Stego.
Ninner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:02 AM   #239
Leekson

Just to suppress some speculations about CGI skin texture, although we all know it's impossible to match it
We know that Raptors were killing machines, but I still stay behind my statement, those scars are little bit exaggerated

Old 10-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #240
Leekson

Will someone from CC do the honor and enlighten us with some story behind the scenes regarding this so much anticipated piece? Or maybe give us some info about fans feedback consideration?
Robert? Wasn't your job to keep the communication with the fans, since Paul is probably too busy running the company?