Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
I'm pretty much in the same boat and have been in it since nycc 2016. i was 3rd on his list then. he has my art board. on rare occasion he will answer my email and when I see him at shows he acknowledges its existence. at today's rates though, I'm somewhat ok with it being in perpetual limbo.
We need to start a WOAA club!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #22
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

woaa? where's our art, Arthur?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #23
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think the thing is... Art has been on the scene for ages, so even if he was asking the same prices that Fabok is currently asking for, I would understand it. He's put in his work, he's paid his dues.

Fabok on the other hand is still so new...

but as every states. Good for him if his fans will continue to support those prices.

As of now his tec 1000 cover goes unsold at 15k, and I don't imagine he'll fetch his asking price of 18k for that terribly busy DPS he just listed.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #24
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
We need to start a WOAA club!
I nominate you as group spokesperson Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I think the thing is... Art has been on the scene for ages, so even if he was asking the same prices that Fabok is currently asking for, I would understand it. He's put in his work, he's paid his dues.

Fabok on the other hand is still so new...

but as every states. Good for him if his fans will continue to support those prices.

As of now his tec 1000 cover goes unsold at 15k, and I don't imagine he'll fetch his asking price of 18k for that terribly busy DPS he just listed.
Maybe this current CLink auction will serve to bring his prices down. There are so many of his covers listed, some could be had at more reasonable prices... or some HH could come in and pick them all up.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #25
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Maybe this current CLink auction will serve to bring his prices down. There are so many of his covers listed, some could be had at more reasonable prices... or some HH could come in and pick them all up.
Yeah, i know the guy who originally bought that entire lot of covers. I kind of think he'll end up losing money as he's been trying to sell those covers for a good portion of a year now.

I suspect they'll cap out at 3.5k max if he's lucky.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #26
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Yeah, i know the guy who originally bought that entire lot of covers. I kind of think he'll end up losing money as he's been trying to sell those covers for a good portion of a year now.

I suspect they'll cap out at 3.5k max if he's lucky.
I'd be shocked if they hit 3.5k. this auction is pretty active early on and a few of those have a good size gap to even get to 1k. the red death one is pretty cool and is doing fairly well.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #27
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Agreed.

1k isn't a crazy amount these days unfortunately and Art only getting to 2-3 of them each show he attends almost makes it even more justified. I wouldn't pay that for a 9x12 from most artists but I would still pay that for an Art Adams. I do remember it at one point being 300 only a few years ago so I can see what you mean.

man i got you both beat, i was first in line at nycc and somehow there was 2 ppl on his list already art said they threw money at him that he had to take it so i ended up being 3rd, had to leave sat but was told there was a blue line pencil piece done with my request but i've had no luck with him since then to see if he still has it.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #28
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

and yes, fabok over took finch a long time ago, he is so hit or miss the last few years for me.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #29
Bishop40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Art Adams was $500 last year for 9x12 so I'm glad i finally got one when I did.
He use to be 100 for those bust pieces for a long time, than went up to 200, 300 and 500 before this last increase.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #30
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

There are two types of art collectors out there;
  1. There are those who purchase artwork because they like it and can afford it, that's it
  2. There are the rest of us who purchase artwork because we like it and can afford it, but ask ourselves, "if I needed/wanted to sell this, can I expect to get back most/all of what I'm paying?"
Now, this is obviously a generalized statement, but it tends to cover the majority of those who purchase for the love of collecting artwork (not those who "invest" in artwork).

Someone like Fabok makes money based on collector A, people caught up in the hype of having something from the newest hot thing, or someone who's taking a chance on getting in early on the next best thing.

B Collectors won't touch new artwork priced like Faboks regardless of how much money they have, we've learned over and over you're just plain overpaying.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote