Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #11
dechirico7
The Flash

I think that has always been a rule of this forum. To sell here you have to be an adamantium member. Same goes for sideshow freaks forum.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think that has always been a rule of this forum. To sell here you have to be an adamantium member. Same goes for sideshow freaks forum.
There is a link area for eBay listings though, and it looks like anyone can post there
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #13
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

If you are able to sell through this forum, I do not see anything wrong with paying $60 a year to do so. Say you sell $1000 worth of stuff on here vs Ebay. You would have to pay Ebay more than $60, plus the PayPal fee.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
If you are able to sell through this forum, I do not see anything wrong with paying $60 a year to do so. Say you sell $1000 worth of stuff on here vs Ebay. You would have to pay Ebay more than $60, plus the PayPal fee.
Yea, it would be $100 to sell $1000 on there, but only if you actually sell that much. There is no guarantee that $60 gets you ANY sales here. Freaks board only charges $25. Paypal fees get charged either way.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
It hasnt, it used to require no membership but it's been a few years now. Same with ssf I think but not sure.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #16
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
I just found this out by having my post deleted and having a message sent to me from an admin. I had no idea you could not sell something here without a paid membership. Anyone else ever hear this?
Yeah, anyone who reads the forum rules has heard of this. This info is not hidden.

Quote:
I have also been informed that you cannot even share a link to Ebay on this forum. I think this is insanely big brotherish and ridiculous. I have seen dozens of people share links to ebay. Why would they think we should pay them for sharing a link? How does that cost this forum any money? This is what is wrong with our world now is that everyone wants to charge for every little thing or force you to sign up for some trial or subscription so they can gather your data and charge you in the end...messed up! Are there any good forums left that actually allow selling without paying big brother that anyone knows of besides facebook?? Anyone who wants kits should hit me up on facebook because I am not going to be hanging out here much anymore.
You don't like the rules, so you aren't going to hang out hear much? That is a good resolution to your apparent quandary.

Quote:
I can't seem to find anything that says you have to be a paid member to sell stuff on the forum. In fact it says in the Buy / Sell / Trade section Why pay the "bay", take care of business right here for nothing!

That seems to imply that it costs "nothing" to sell on this forum...I am confused.
Well, if you read the rules (first link on the forum, in bold, red font), it is laid out very clearly.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #17
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I realize that but it does seem a little misleading to have a title that says it costs nothing when it does cost something...just like ebay.

People share all kinds of links from every different company showcasing their new statues with links to where to buy them and order them....do these companies have to pay for all that free advertising? No...but us little guys who are just collectors and everyday people with no budgets like these big companies are charged to share one or two links of things we are selling?

There are plenty of places you can meet people online and sell them things and not be charged by the place you met the person.

If I met a person at a Wonderfest convention and later sold that person something should I have to pay the wonderfest convention I met them at? I just think it has gotten a bit ridiculous in our world for charging people for every little thing....that is probably why am overreacting a little bit is not that I am angry as much with the forum but how our whole world has become in general. Forums never used to charge for selling things back in the day and now they are entitled to do so.

I used to own an antique/oddity shop and was very successful with selling things online and eventually built quite a following on facebook over the years with all the people we met who we told about facebook at conventions we attended. We eventually started making half our income off direct facebook sales of those people we met and directed to our page. Then I think in 2015 they completely changed their algorithm and started blocking companies from having contact with their audience of buyers. They came up with the idea of "boosting" posts...aka paying for people to see them. Now people do not know any difference but there was a day that you could sell on facebook for free without boosting a post to reach your audience. This cut my sales in half and I ended up selling my business in 2016.

No different than the government overtaxing people....should I feel guilty and selfish for wanting to keep more of my hard earned cash instead of having the government take it away? We are already over taxed and I feel that we are now being "taxed" so to speak in every day situations that used to always be free....people have just forgotten how things used to be and the younger generation doesn't know any better.

Make Merica great again!! LOL!!
We get it, you don't like sites that don't let you sell for free.

BTW, there is another forum rule about making political posts - in short - they are also against the rules.

If you decide to stay and participate in the forum, please READ the rules.

CAF
Old 06-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have also been informed that you cannot even share a link to Ebay on this forum. I think this is insanely big brotherish and ridiculous. I have seen dozens of people share links to ebay. Why would they think we should pay them for sharing a link? How does that cost this forum any money? This is what is wrong with our world now is that everyone wants to charge for every little thing or force you to sign up for some trial or subscription so they can gather your data and charge you in the end...messed up! Are there any good forums left that actually allow selling without paying big brother that anyone knows of besides facebook?? Anyone who wants kits should hit me up on facebook because I am not going to be hanging out here much anymore.
An Adamintium membership will automatically link that members eBay auctions into the BST section. And I counter your point where I think part of the worlds problems is wanting everything for free not realizing that ultimately everything costs somebody something.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #19
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Honestly, selling costs in every type of forum I belong to. From reptiles to coins. It’s not that expensive if you have quite a few things to sell. I’ve become a paid member here before just to give some money to a forum I enjoy.
Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Traffic on these specialty sites is very small, and most are very frugal(myself included). eBay is worth the difference IMO if all you factor in is selling costs. Supporting the forum is great, but not everyone can do that without some return.
Agreed. Adamantium membership does not work for all members and is not a requirement for participation on this site, only for selling.

Quote:
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Another good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It hasnt, it used to require no membership but it's been a few years now. Same with ssf I think but not sure.
A few, as in somewhere more than a decade ago IIRC. This adamantium rule has been in place for most of the forum existence.

CAF
Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 AM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Really? I have been on here for10 years and they always required the adamantium membership to actually sell on here.i think you are talking about the Sideshow Collectors forum. There you didn't have to have a membership until the past few years.

I know one thing for sure, they don't allow selling in these regular threads. For example, that "kits available now" thread goes against that rule. Not sure why it is still up.

And boom, a mod just proved my point. So stop trying to argue with me all the time. Both situations you were wrong.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote