Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #831
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Nice. Did you make that up, or is that a well known acronym I've just never heard of?
I made it. Everybody could have his/her own acronym(s). And comments could become like hieroglyphs.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #832
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I made it. Everybody could have his/her own acronym(s). And comments could become like hieroglyphs.
Nice, you should copyright it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #833
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I actually like this Mystique from certain angles, so haven't ruled her out yet. I'm not bothered by the revolvers with silencers or the heels, I just wish her hair was longer and her feet (honestly from one angle they're huge!) were smaller

So to sum up how I feel.

Mystique-
X-23-
Psylocke-
Emma-

Rogue-
I love how you are so in love with psylocke when you were one of the ones saying the worst. I can respect you admitted poor judgment though while the bandwagon clowns just fell back. saw a lot of bandwagon clowns that are now silent, haven't even said maybe i was wrong, don't worry though your silence speaks volumes.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #834
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Also are we making lists again. =D

1. x23 pro - everything, its perfection con = none

2. psylocke pro - best portrait/perfection con = none

3. emma pro - Love the pose and sculpt con = weak/ok base

4. rogue pro - impressive design con = bad portraits/weak EX for high price

5. mystique pro - love the sculpt of the fabric, the way it is sculpted hugging her body. con = bait and switch SS practice, weak EX, poor gun design.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #835
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post

1. x23 pro - everything, its perfection con = none

2. psylocke pro - best portrait/perfection con = horrid base that makes no sense to the rest of the pieces

3. emma pro - Love the pose and sculpt con = horrid base littered with Doritos, horrid EX, cheap looking cape

4. rogue pro - impressive design con = no guarantee on stability, re-used EX portrait

5. mystique pro - love the sculpt of the fabric, the way it is sculpted hugging her body. con = bait and switch SS practice, poor gun design.
Fixed

But, in seriousness, after I've had time to really think it over. I would still rank the pieces like this:
  1. X-23
  2. Rogue
  3. Mystique/Psylocke
  4. Emma

Psylocke would beat Mystique if she had a cool base, while Mystique would beat the as-is Psylocke if we weren't tricked into believing she would have a long-haired portrait.

Again, this is IMMFO. Updated the acronym. People can guess what the extra M and F stand for
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #836
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
4. rogue pro - impressive design con = bad portraits/weak EX for high price
Sir, I have to disagree. I respectfully ask you to reconsider your judgement, which is certainly biased by defective contact lenses. And please walk with us, towards the light of Rogue the Magnificent, in the name of Godbottle © Crimsinwing1989
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #837
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
I love how you are so in love with psylocke when you were one of the ones saying the worst. I can respect you admitted poor judgment though while the bandwagon clowns just fell back. saw a lot of bandwagon clowns that are now silent, haven't even said maybe i was wrong, don't worry though your silence speaks volumes.
You know I still can't explain that I can be very nostalgic about certain characters, I have this picture in my head of how they should look even how they sound. I'm worse with TV/Film adaptations. I still can't forgive Vinnie Jones for Juggernaut.

I don't know I just didn't see my psylocke in that first pic. I'll probably never live this down, Don't think I'll set foot in the psylocke thread again because I can't remember what I said
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #838
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Fixed

But, in seriousness, after I've had time to really think it over. I would still rank the pieces like this:
  1. X-23
  2. Rogue
  3. Mystique/Psylocke
  4. Emma

Psylocke would beat Mystique if she had a cool base, while Mystique would beat the as-is Psylocke if we weren't tricked into believing she would have a long-haired portrait.

Again, this is IMMFO. Updated the acronym. People can guess what the extra M and F stand for
lol, i think for the most part the thing that nearly everyone agree’s is that x23 is #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Sir, I have to disagree. I respectfully ask you to reconsider your judgement, which is certainly biased by defective contact lenses. And please walk with us, towards the light of Rogue the Magnificent, in the name of Godbottle © Crimsinwing1989
Godbottle has forsaken me this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
You know I still can't explain that I can be very nostalgic about certain characters, I have this picture in my head of how they should look even how they sound. I'm worse with TV/Film adaptations. I still can't forgive Vinnie Jones for Juggernaut.

I don't know I just didn't see my psylocke in that first pic. I'll probably never live this down, Don't think I'll set foot in the psylocke thread again because I can't remember what I said
lol. Atleast in the end it ended up being a statue you like. Unfortunately i can’t say the same for rogue.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #839
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I really like the EX head. That crazy looks is perhaps the most unique facial expression I have seen on a statue.

Emma would be first on my list of the X-women purchases. Then it would be a toss up between X-23 and Rogue.
I've been really diggin it as of late.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #840
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I may get her but not in a hurry. The regular is fine with me. For now only my eyes and wallet is Fixed on Rogue and Psylocke.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote