Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #251
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
All you are vastly abusing this googly eyed thing. Black CAt PF wasn't googly eyed. Ms. Marvel regular wasnt googly eyed. Mystique wasn't googly eyed. Psylocke wasnt googly eyed. Outside of Rogue, who else was googly eyed? I honestly can't remember. I dont think any of the male characters came out googly eyed.

We're talking Marvel here, and PFs specifically as 1/5 Comiquettes don't count...at least not in my book.

The only other googly eyed character at 1/4 I can think of is Chun-Li from PCS. Thats not a Marvel character though...so again...she doesn't count.

I want answers people...not speculation. Who else? Hunh??
i own all the female marvel pf's you listed minus ms marvel and none are googly eyed. i actually prefer bc pa to bc comiq and same with rogue
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #252
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
All you are vastly abusing this googly eyed thing. Black CAt PF wasn't googly eyed. Ms. Marvel regular wasnt googly eyed. Mystique wasn't googly eyed. Psylocke wasnt googly eyed. Outside of Rogue, who else was googly eyed? I honestly can't remember.
Both my Black Cat PF and my Ms. Marvel PF ARE lazy-eyed. I posted pics of BC back in the day where that was CLEARLY noticeable - her right eye was looking to the side while her left one was looking upward, and I don't mean just mine. But I guess many people haven't noticed because of her hair lock.

My Ms. Marvel PF is not that bad by any means, but her eyes are definitely not properly aligned.

Quote:
We're talking Marvel here, and PFs specifically as 1/5 Comiquettes don't count...
Why not? It's all pieces made by the same company. If they keep screwing one line, they can screw any line. And in fact, both Vampirella and Lara PF had a noticeable lazy eye in quite several cases.

Quote:
1/5 Comiquettes don't count... at least not in my book.
Good for you. But, imo, Sideshow (and now PCS with that awfully screwed-up Chun Li) have proved to me that lazy eyes ARE a justified concern with their pieces, whatever the line. I know no other company that has released a single likewise flawed piece.

Good lord, they even released an Emma Frost LSB with an idiotic stare from the drawing board that only allows for her to look good from one angle. (I should know - I own that one too and I've had many people comment on that.)

Quote:
I want answers people...not speculation. Who else? Hunh??
No speculation here, just telling it like I see it in MY showroom. They just cannot be trusted in this respect. When several Comiquettes and PFs later they're still screwing up the single most important thing in a statue, you know they just don't care. It takes a HUGE slip like Rogue for them to surreptitiously admit the piece came out flawed. Most of the times, though, they'll just give you that crap about the pieces being "individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail".

Yeah, right, just teach your workers how to properly place the frikking decals as if it was a normal human being they're being applied to, SSC, not frakking Marty Feldman. Giving them a raise might help, too.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #253
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Gambit had a slight lazy eye on some portraits, but it was almost unnoticeable because of the paint.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #254
ComputerFly
The Phantom

I wonder... is Scarlet Stewie's real mom?

Just kidding! I'll be picking this one up, but I wish the exclusive was a second portrait. The 'power' is very lame.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #255
HCE

While this isn't the thread for it, I really don't care, but, I will be getting rid of my Scarlet Witch Comiquette Exclusive. It's been taken out of the box once for inspection (I'm the original owner). PM me if you are interested; otherwise, it will be listed on ebay by midweek.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #256
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

^ Agreed w/ComputerFly

Mark did great work on the She Hulk PF, I dont doubt Storm and Wanda will be fantastic.. I just hope that the factories keep the paint consistent with the prototype, if not improve on it.

The proto looks great, I just worry about the pupils.. even though its only been an isolated incident on certain pieces.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #257
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
What will happen if we all get Poison Ivy and she winds up with googly eyes?

Oh I can imagine the downpour.....

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #258
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
What will happen if we all get Poison Ivy and she winds up with googly eyes?

Oh I can imagine the downpour.....
80% of us will be happy we got her, googly eyes and all, 10% will return her, get a new head, and 10% will ----- loudly on the forums and eventually sell her for a 300% markup.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #259
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

^ sounds insanely accurate.

although Im not ordering her unless there's no more useful unveils til the end of september as a last resort to fight boredom.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #260
DC_Universe_Grl
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I don't know she seems off proportion to me. Her thighs are really long compared to her legs and torso.....
DC_Universe_Grl is offline   Reply With Quote