Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #91
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Absolutely nothing is fundamentally wrong with this supergirl but everyone seems to have an idea in their heads of what supergirl should look like.

If this is artgem supergirl then it's artgem supergirl judge it on that and not what you think supergirl should be.
Agreed. They were going for Artgerm style and they definitely succeeded. There will be other Supergirl statues made at some point.

I'll say this much: I rather them make a comic version like this than a TV show version.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #92
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm surprised so many people don't like this one. I think she looks fantastic and blows away Sideshow's two attempts. Definite buy for me.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #93
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I know Artgerm is sorta like the new Adam Hughes, but I wonder how a 1/3 AH! line would have been received instead. People love his beefier Wonder Woman and Hepburn-like Catwoman.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #94
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I totally agree with you. In all honesty, I prefer the statue over the art. The statue is a bit more proportionate (some Artgerm pieces tend to have slightly small heads) and I actually like the statue's face a bit more.
Same here, never seen an art germ statue done this well before, also i dislike streaky (in statues) but don't mind it here. Superb Statue.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #95
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I know Artgerm is sorta like the new Adam Hughes, but I wonder how a 1/3 AH! line would have been received instead. People love his beefier Wonder Woman and Hepburn-like Catwoman.
We also have the Fabok line coming so plenty of great artists may get versions of these characters.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #96
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
I asked this question on the P1 FB group and the responses have been pretty positive. I'm hoping P1 sees it and decides to make a 1/3 AH line. I think it would sell out with no problem.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #97
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This is just a general comment not attacking anybody. There is always a hardcore that doesn't seem to understand what is popular VS what they think should be popular. Its in every hobby/enthusiast culture. Like on this forum everybody seems tired of Jim Lee/Artgerm which is funny because people actually risking their livelihoods and businesses on it beg to differ.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #98
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I wonder how a 1/3 AH! line would have been received instead. People love his beefier Wonder Woman and Hepburn-like Catwoman.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #99
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
This is just a general comment not attacking anybody. There is always a hardcore that doesn't seem to understand what is popular VS what they think should be popular. Its in every hobby/enthusiast culture. Like on this forum everybody seems tired of Jim Lee/Artgerm which is funny because people actually risking their livelihoods and businesses on it beg to differ.
The Hush line is Jim Lee. Anyone that complains about the look is just trolling because they should know better going in. It's like watching a Tyler Perry movie and getting angry if Madea shows up.

I think at these prices/scale people want a standard comic book piece, but everyone has their favorite artists and stories they want it from. For example, Cyborg Superman looks great to me, but it's not the version I would buy. I don't like New 52, so that new Harley or anything P1 1/4 doesn't appeal to me. This Supergirl is good, but I can see how some people want a Michael Turner version or something else they consider iconic.

Still, it's clear that they went with Artgerm for this and Mera. Who knows if there is more to come based on his art. I mentioned AH! before because his stuff is less polarizing. People can agree more on a sexy approach than the more Artgerm anime style.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #100
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
We also have the Fabok line coming....
Yes! Can’t come quick enough.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote