Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

What do you think about new characters instead of old

For example Sentry seems to be everywhere I don't like him and he adds nothing to a comic now Gladiator or Hyperion would be better.
Marvel has thousands of characters that aren't being used but new characters get all the time on the pages.
I know using new characters is easier because you don't have the history but i'd rather read and older character like Gladiator or Black Widow instead of Sentry or Echo.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

its because new creators want to put their characters, and name out there. Unlike creators of old who were happy using characters they loved, new creators only care about making a name for themselves regardless of what histroy they trample or characerization they destroy to do it.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
its because new creators want to put their characters, and name out there. Unlike creators of old who were happy using characters they loved, new creators only care about making a name for themselves regardless of what histroy they trample of characerization they destroy to do it.
That's a good point.
Now I do like newer characters like X-23 she brings something to the table even if she's a ripoff of the runt but Sentry,Hood,Echo,Blue Bettle and Atom are boring to me.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I am more of an old school guy bu there are a few newer characters that I like, escpecially Winter Soldier (which is kind of an old character I guess). Updating old characters can be good sometimes also. Changing Luke Cage's outfit was a definitie improvement.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Jesse321
Galactus

Very few new characters interest me in any way, most of them are nothing but rehashed versions of older characters anyway.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I like older characters.
I didn't like the fact that they pushed Sentry onto us like we were supposed to just accept him as one of the
founding characters because the Void erased everyone's memories. And his power of a Billion exploding suns didn't do him any good when the torch kicked his @ss in Avengers/Invaders.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

New or old, doesn't matter to me at all as long as it's done well. There's good and bad with both new & old characters.
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

I love the older characters. Marvel's been playing with many of their Monsters again which is promising.
I don't really mind the Sentry. He's used sparingly, at least in the books I read, annd sometimes well. I liked him in the new Punisher book and I liked his Moon Knight team-up in the Hulk recently. (just the team-up).
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah, I know there's a lot of hate towards modern Sentry. ... but honestly I've only experienced him in the Mighty Avengers book, and I actually enjoy what they've done with him there
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I prefer old school characters.

the new ones are almost coming from the minds of creators who seem to just be trying too hard.

sheesh!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote