Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-19-2022, 08:23 AM   #101
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
Have you regretted some that you didn't buy due to price?
Hmmm really only regretted selling a couple OG pieces in the past. I haven't bought any new statues since Sideshow's Grogu.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:10 AM   #102
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I did last weekend. It's already expensive and I do have some concerns over the pics of Superman although I don't think it's as bad as others think it is.

I just knew if I don't get this I would end up regretting it. God knows how much it will be with the price increase. It had already crept up about $40 since it went on sale.
It's a good point.. but I would also regret it if I had gotten the SS Superman and Batman PF from BVS. It depends on if it turns out well or not.

I suppose regretting it and paying more afterwards, is worse than buying now, selling for a loss if it's super unacceptable to me. IF there's additional price increase, then we would definitely be able to break even. If there isn't, and it turns out ----, then the loss from the sale is probably equal to the price increase in the aftermarket.. meaning no difference ordering now or not.
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:28 AM   #103
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
It's a good point.. but I would also regret it if I had gotten the SS Superman and Batman PF from BVS. It depends on if it turns out well or not.

I suppose regretting it and paying more afterwards, is worse than buying now, selling for a loss if it's super unacceptable to me. IF there's additional price increase, then we would definitely be able to break even. If there isn't, and it turns out ----, then the loss from the sale is probably equal to the price increase in the aftermarket.. meaning no difference ordering now or not.
I asked you about SS Batman PF a few pages ago but you must have missed it. What don't you like about it?

In a way then the price going up has probably made this a safer buy right now if it doesn't work out. Unless it's absolutely terrible.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:42 PM   #104
fiveainone

I didn't think this was a hot take. But his body was way too skinny, completely missed the point of the beefy muscle look. The cowl was off, the ear wasn't right, the forehead was too angled, the face had gaps with the mask. The twist on the body was weird, and the material folding appearance also looks awkward. The pose is half way trying to be dynamic but not, as is the expression. It was way too small compared to Armored Batman. But I guess the one positive thing was it was better than the Superman.

Old 03-22-2022, 05:32 AM   #105
T1OOO

Quote:
I didn't think this was a hot take. But his body was way too skinny, completely missed the point of the beefy muscle look. The cowl was off, the ear wasn't right, the forehead was too angled, the face had gaps with the mask. The twist on the body was weird, and the material folding appearance also looks awkward. The pose is half way trying to be dynamic but not, as is the expression. It was way too small compared to Armored Batman. But I guess the one positive thing was it was better than the Superman.
I've only really got into discussing statues in the last 12 months so the take could be freezing, I wouldn't know.

When I bought him I just wanted a 1/4 Batfleck statue (well as many Snyder 1/4 DC statues as I could get) and it was this or nothing. The body does have a weird twist to it. From certain angles he looks great, turn him a bit and he looks awkward. I haven't noticed any gaps in the mask and yes the ear is slightly too big.

From the distance, I view my statues he looks just like BvS Batman, looking at him up close like on pictures on the internet it is easy to pick them apart. I get why collectors do this because without having a statue in hand it's the only way but I do think they can be over scrutinized by doing this. How often do you just view the head by itself? I'm not trying to convince you it's a decent statue I personally just don't think it's poor.

There is something going on in regards to size I would say that BvS Batman is slightly bigger than SS Superman and Wonder Woman and the armoured one is even bigger than him but I think that is partly down to comparing the same character to itself and one being literally significantly bigger in the movie.

Look at the pics below, granted the angle doesn't work because he is at the front but the size compared to the other two is a fair bit. Also, compare the armoured and standard Batman in Hot Toys. Armoured really towers over standard Batman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220312_093637130.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	147771
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210923_175032168.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	147772
Old 03-22-2022, 03:58 PM   #106
fiveainone

Quote:
I've only really got into discussing statues in the last 12 months so the take could be freezing, I wouldn't know.

When I bought him I just wanted a 1/4 Batfleck statue (well as many Snyder 1/4 DC statues as I could get) and it was this or nothing. The body does have a weird twist to it. From certain angles he looks great, turn him a bit and he looks awkward. I haven't noticed any gaps in the mask and yes the ear is slightly too big.

From the distance, I view my statues he looks just like BvS Batman, looking at him up close like on pictures on the internet it is easy to pick them apart. I get why collectors do this because without having a statue in hand it's the only way but I do think they can be over scrutinized by doing this. How often do you just view the head by itself? I'm not trying to convince you it's a decent statue I personally just don't think it's poor.

There is something going on in regards to size I would say that BvS Batman is slightly bigger than SS Superman and Wonder Woman and the armoured one is even bigger than him but I think that is partly down to comparing the same character to itself and one being literally significantly bigger in the movie.

Look at the pics below, granted the angle doesn't work because he is at the front but the size compared to the other two is a fair bit. Also, compare the armoured and standard Batman in Hot Toys. Armoured really towers over standard Batman.

Attachment 147771
Attachment 147772
I see, I just remember it was universally hated on when it was released, and it was in SS stock forever before it finally sold out; must've been 2-3 years. You can even go back and look at the threads here or collectorfreaks.

And that's what I mean, that was our only 1/4 choice, and still only choice after 5 years. I have no idea why no one's making it when it's so popular.

From certain angle it's pretty good, and with lighting it could be okay. But at the time I wasn't going to spend $500 on a subpar Batfleck (funny now that almost nothing is that price anymore), and I must've thought about it dozens and dozens of times. I went with HT and hoped for a better one, but none have come.

I don't regret not getting it at all. For me, of my small collections so far, I've learned that size doesn't matter. If the likeness is not there, it's just a doll and brings me no emotional attachment. And since my job is literally being able to notice details, that's something I pick up more than the average collectors, and it would bother me to no end. Many have claimed HT JL WW looks much better "in person". No, it does not. It looks like a mad-up person, and I hate it. My newest Michelle Phieffer Catwoman also doesn't look like Phieffer, and I wouldn't care if I sold it. But there's no way I would sell my HT Robocop, SS Armored Batman (even though he's too skinny), HT Batmen, or HT Harley.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:03 PM   #107
T1OOO

Quote:
I see, I just remember it was universally hated on when it was released, and it was in SS stock forever before it finally sold out; must've been 2-3 years. You can even go back and look at the threads here or collectorfreaks.

And that's what I mean, that was our only 1/4 choice, and still only choice after 5 years. I have no idea why no one's making it when it's so popular.

From certain angle it's pretty good, and with lighting it could be okay. But at the time I wasn't going to spend $500 on a subpar Batfleck (funny now that almost nothing is that price anymore), and I must've thought about it dozens and dozens of times. I went with HT and hoped for a better one, but none have come.

I don't regret not getting it at all. For me, of my small collections so far, I've learned that size doesn't matter. If the likeness is not there, it's just a doll and brings me no emotional attachment. And since my job is literally being able to notice details, that's something I pick up more than the average collectors, and it would bother me to no end. Many have claimed HT JL WW looks much better "in person". No, it does not. It looks like a mad-up person, and I hate it. My newest Michelle Phieffer Catwoman also doesn't look like Phieffer, and I wouldn't care if I sold it. But there's no way I would sell my HT Robocop, SS Armored Batman (even though he's too skinny), HT Batmen, or HT Harley.
Maybe I have blinders on because it's "Snyderverse" stuff, I don't know. Normally I am a super picky person. HT WW aren't great.

You even think SS armoured is too skinny as well? Do you have a spear for him?
Old 03-23-2022, 02:40 AM   #108
fiveainone

Quote:
Maybe I have blinders on because it's "Snyderverse" stuff, I don't know. Normally I am a super picky person. HT WW aren't great.

You even think SS armoured is too skinny as well? Do you have a spear for him?
Yeah he could've been maybe 105% wider. It's not too bad, but would've showed the bulk more. I realize these are not direct comparisons, but in person he looks a bit lean.

Didn't get the spear as he was my second figure, and the cost for that at the time was too much for me. I do have the grenade rifle, and the spear for the 1/6 though..

I'm so picky that I passed on Faora as well, which I do regret. No chance there's another of her anytime soon.
Old 03-23-2022, 04:21 AM   #109
T1OOO

Quote:
Yeah he could've been maybe 105% wider. It's not too bad, but would've showed the bulk more. I realize these are not direct comparisons, but in person he looks a bit lean.

Didn't get the spear as he was my second figure, and the cost for that at the time was too much for me. I do have the grenade rifle, and the spear for the 1/6 though..

I'm so picky that I passed on Faora as well, which I do regret. No chance there's another of her anytime soon.
I wasn't able to find one with the launcher by the time I came to buy one, even second hand so I put all my efforts into a spear. I worked with a 3D printer/Warhammer guy on Etsy and we designed a 1/4 spear, weathered, that can light up. It wasn't that expensive either. Let me know if you're interested in one and I can give you his details.

It's a shame there isn't more Man of Steel, BvS statues/HT.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:34 PM   #110
fiveainone

That's pretty good! Any close up pics?

SammyG on collectorfreaks did a 55 edition run of a custom spear as well back in the day. https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thre...168427/page-31