Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-04-2020, 06:13 AM   #61
Halcyon
Loki

Here is a more "star wars" like drawing of him.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:43 PM   #62
pdenham
Teen Titans

I found a blacklight and to my surprise all the red on the figure fluoresces- though the black shading does affect the intensity of the color under the light.

Was also surprised to find that the powder blue belly of the beast, and highlights on this head, muzzle, etc don't fluoresce at all.

Unfortunately, under UV light those bright red highlights stand out even more, in such a amateurish, ham fisted way.

If I ever do decide to repaint it, I'd make those bright red highlights the local color of the whole figure before some light shading.
I'd also use a white/blue fluorescent mixto repaint the powder blue areas on the animal.

Any repainting would be for the express purpose of making it more of a UV specific showpiece.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:46 AM   #63
Peedi
The Secret Six

I finally watched the movie. Found out it’s from 1977 and it pre-dates Star Wars by several months so it’s Mark Hamill’s first movie.

It’s also weird as all out hell but I’m glad I watched it. Found it at a used bookstore for $4 then realized the whole thing is probably on YouTube, which it is.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #64
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I finally watched the movie. Found out it’s from 1977 and it pre-dates Star Wars by several months so it’s Mark Hamill’s first movie.

It’s also weird as all out hell but I’m glad I watched it. Found it at a used bookstore for $4 then realized the whole thing is probably on YouTube, which it is.
Yeah, I just watched it on YouTube couple of weeks ago so I have some idea on who the character is.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote