Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #331
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1955 View Post
I love this piece too. Glad to hear you found it at a good price. I’m just not sure WHY they would add another Harley to the collection so close to the original? Must have been something to do with what she’s holding. I’m also glad to hear (from DSTZACH) they may complete runs on some of the rare pieces. It’s good news for those missing pieces and shows interest in the line for possible new pieces.
When you say so close, do you mean it was similar, or near the same time? The first Harley was one of the ones we sold out the full run, and it came out a long time ago. Not sure the 25th anniversary bust would fill the Harley hole in people's collections, so we made another one. We don't want to release the Batman rogues into a void, so we'll possibly see a new Batman, as well.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #332
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
When you say so close, do you mean it was similar, or near the same time? The first Harley was one of the ones we sold out the full run, and it came out a long time ago. Not sure the 25th anniversary bust would fill the Harley hole in people's collections, so we made another one. We don't want to release the Batman rogues into a void, so we'll possibly see a new Batman, as well.
He meant similar in design since she's wearing the jester suit again.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #333
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Interesting! Any chance it might be the New Batman Adventures version?

JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #334
Indy1955
Doh!

Gothamite, Thanks for your response to my comment...that was exactly what I meant, similar in design. But I’m also surprised, it came out, because so many of the first one are still available. A check of eBay shows about 36 (color & B/W) as if tonight.

While new busts (ScarFace, Grey Ghost, etc.) would be wonderful, another Batman could also be great. Has anyone suggested smaller runs, of the lesser characters at a higher SRP or what about doing Guild membership pieces like Gentle Giant? Just a thought.
Indy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:46 AM   #335
DSTZach
Distributor

No plans to start a Batman Guild, but that would be nice.

So not similar in design, per se, just similar in that she's wearing the same costume. It's her most popular costume, and the first one did much better than her police uniform one. Although a Mad Love bust would have been nice, on reflection.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #336
Indy1955
Doh!

Maybe we’ll see some New Batman Adventures busts of the major characters when the new “The Batman” Movie comes out. A Harley, Joker or Batman version would look great and fit in with the other busts.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #337
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Maybe we’ll see some New Batman Adventures busts of the major characters when the new “The Batman” Movie comes out. A Harley, Joker or Batman version would look great and fit in with the other busts.
You want another Harley Quinn? Her character design changed the least when the show was revamped for Season 4. In one of the episode audio commentaries, Bruce Timm practically said that she didn't change at all.

Also, DST Zach doesn't sound too optimistic about S4 busts:

Quote:
Season 4 looks are great, but that's a whole other line that we'd be starting with the possibility of not finishing A Nightwing bust would be great, and a Tim Drake Robin, and I can see us wanting to do a new Batman Bust in that style, but a second Batgirl, new Poison Ivy, new Joker...? We'd be starting a new line that is very repetitive of the old line. I'd rather get Clock King or Grey Ghost.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #338
Indy1955
Doh!

Let me make myself clear...I’m for anything that extents the life of this line of busts. I had the DVD versions of BTAS and watched a few episodes but after picking up the Blu-ray and devouring each episode several times I started buying these busts. I’ve been lucky ($$) and have everyone and will continue to add any they come out with even different versions. I would LOVE to see other characters but I also understand the bottom line and producing pieces that will sell in greater numbers. As far as this line goes...I’m in for the long haul no matter what they produce.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #339
Gothamite
Phoenix

Indy1955:

1) 2020-06-21, asks why DST made another Harley Quinn in jester suit bust

Spoiler

Quote:
I love this piece too. Glad to hear you found it at a good price. I’m just not sure WHY they would add another Harley to the collection so close to the original? Must have been something to do with what she’s holding. I’m also glad to hear (from DSTZACH) they may complete runs on some of the rare pieces. It’s good news for those missing pieces and shows interest in the line for possible new pieces.

2) 2020-06-23, asks DST to make another Harley Quinn in jester suit bust

Spoiler

Quote:

Old 06-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #340
Indy1955
Doh!

I’m really NOT asking for more Harley’s. I don’t want more Harley’s. There’s enough now. I’m asking for more BTAS busts. I’d prefer new and different characters from the series. But from a business perspective I understand making “best sellers”. In order to support the line, and get the rogue’s we want, I feel we have to pick up what they release. I have a list of 20 other characters I’d like to see in this line.