Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If you can't pay your bills or put food on the table maybe it's time to reconsider the hobby, any hobby.

I suggest to anyone who's buying has gotten out of hand or struggling to make sound choices go the payment plan route. It definitely helps. And like Lord Maul suggested set a budget. I budget $500 a month now on Partially with SF and it's worked out well. When something gets paid off I order another statue.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #12
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The sweet point is the price of customs. If people are paying then ss will take noticed. The pf prices will eventually reach those custom pieces prices at around 1k-2.5k depending on the size of the character and popularity. We are not far off now already. Look at hulk. doomsday, etc... the maquettes will bring us there faster with the fancy name. It's just part of the yearly price increases. Those customs are selling out so fast and people are buying with not enough to meet demand.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #13
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Price is too high that’s why nobody is buying as much.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #14
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I think this year especially there is going to be a lot less money spent on non essential items, covid has hit a lot of people hard.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
French Cancan
Deadman

NOW IN STOCK

PM if you are interested.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #16
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

What an interesting direction taken by Sideshow.

You can now...

1. Pay in full
2. Buy on Layaway (formerly known as the artist Flex)
3. And now Get It Now on AFFRIM credit (Rates are between 0–30% APR. A down payment may be required. Subject to eligibility check and approval. Payment options depend on your purchase amount. Estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping fees. Actual terms may vary. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, Member FDIC. Visit affirm.com/help for more info.)

Basically with option 3, if you don't have the money now and are not willing to wait with the layaway plan with no interest charge, you can get an immediate fix and get it shipped to you by paying an additional 0-30% APR. So you didn't have the money to pay in full, didn't have the patience to wait it out, but it is ok to pay extra with the little money you make?

Naw, doesn't sound like predatory lending at all. This is business and the choice is yours.

I'm not sure if it's even worth mentioning but I think Sideshow also removed some of the customer limits on the Collector Editions but when you check out limit to 3. I wonder if this gives them more flexibility on pieces that don't sell as well but at the same time control resellers?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #17
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i don't get what all the fuss is about....it's no different then paying for your statue with a high interest credit card. Im sure there are plenty of people who do/have done that.
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #18
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For one statue that just sits there collecting dust. Just think of for the same price or less, how much more you use your smart phone, computer, lap top, top of the line fridge, giant HD tv etc... Buying a statue now is like buying one of these every time. Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #19
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

When are they offering 30 year loan at the fixed rate? LOL
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #20
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinema View Post
i don't get what all the fuss is about....it's no different then paying for your statue with a high interest credit card. Im sure there are plenty of people who do/have done that.
Cuz the Repo man now has to beat down your door for that unpaid statue. Pay up mutha fluka!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote