Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Marvel's Greatest Heroes 2012 Card Set

anyone pick this up? I just ordered the foil parallel base set and the villains 18 card chase set, not interested in the other chase sets (ultimates, i am an avenger, and some other 6 card chase set)
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I've been hoping to pick up a couple of sketch cards, but most of the prices have been kinda high.
Statue and Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
anyone pick this up? I just ordered the foil parallel base set and the villains 18 card chase set, not interested in the other chase sets (ultimates, i am an avenger, and some other 6 card chase set)
I picked up the 81 card base set and the villains 18 card chase set off Ebay all for $15 shipped! The 81 card set is meh (NO Sub-Mariner!!!!!) but the villains 18 card chase set is nice (but don't understand why they put in Sphinx, Hood or Morgan Le Fay and NO Galactus (or other greater villains)!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

no Namor wtf?!?!?!?! the artwork on the base set looks really good from what i've seen, it sold me on the set, plus base sets are pretty cheap so cant really go wrong, its the sketch cards and some chase sets which can get nasty, but luckily for me i dont collect sketch cards!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Brian R.
The Riddler

Are any of the cards in the base set painted? I'm a big fan of the old Marvel Masterpiece cards and would love to add to them.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Are any of the cards in the base set painted? I'm a big fan of the old Marvel Masterpiece cards and would love to add to them.
im also a big fan of the masterpieces, 1992 set is still my fave card set ever, like all new marvel card sets I think the art isnt original, but just from covers etc, but the artwork was very impressive from what I saw and some of the images looked painted or similar to it, but ill let you know when I actually have the set in my possession. Safe to say no card sets these days will ever match the power of the original artwork cards from the 90's, now its just rehashed art to make a buck, they dont spend the money on original artwork anymore which sucks the big one
Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I also loved Marvel Masterpieces.. All of them actually, but especially the '96 set. In fact all the sets from 90's rocked, as Quicksilver said they used original painted art, and I loved the inserts.

Anyways oppinions on this new set once in-hand would be great. I saw a banner somewhere and was curious too
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
im also a big fan of the masterpieces, 1992 set is still my fave card set ever, like all new marvel card sets I think the art isnt original, but just from covers etc, but the artwork was very impressive from what I saw and some of the images looked painted or similar to it, but ill let you know when I actually have the set in my possession. Safe to say no card sets these days will ever match the power of the original artwork cards from the 90's, now its just rehashed art to make a buck, they dont spend the money on original artwork anymore which sucks the big one
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

hey Brian, I got the set yesterday and its actually really kickass! the cards are thick stock and quality, and all the artwork is reprint but still all very cool artwork, and the villains 18 card chase set is phenomenal
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
Brian R.
The Riddler

Thanks man, I'll pick up a set of these on ebay.