Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #301
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It had nothing to do with developers. It had everything to do with, like you said Vince...the consumers.

Even without the change, I still think the XBONE is the better system overall because everything I need is included in the system. No need to ever buy a camera or motion controller if games use it.

Don't get me wrong, PS4 is an awesome system, and it and the XBONE are both on equal footing in terms of power. Now its about games, infrastructure, etc.

Microsoft > PS4 Infrastructure / cloud / internet
Microsoft < PS4 First party titles (that can change in the future)
Microsoft > PS4 All inclusive system...no need to buy anything extra
Microsoft > PS4 Interactivity / Multitasking
Microsoft < PS4 Base price is $100 cheaper than XBONE (might change with purchase of 2 year XBOX Live agreement)
To me, infrastructure is still up in the air. Yes Microsoft has a better history with Xbox Live, but the entire system for both parties are going to be completely different and new. None of it has been proven, and neither has cloud gaming.

The all inclusive system is also on equal footing. You don't "need" a damn camera to play games, watch movies, listen to music or go online. As of right now, Kinect is simply a gimmick. Not to mention that even if you felt the inclusion of the camera was somehow required (no idea why you would), it would still be cheaper to purchase the PS4 and it's camera separately than it is to purchase an Xbox One.

The interactivity and multitasking category you have listed is also pure speculation. Not only have we not seen Sony's user interface at work, but there is no proof that the demonstration Microsoft presented us with in their conference was actually running on the hardware they plan on releasing to the public. Their presentation looked nice, but that is hardly conclusive evidence of what we'll see.

In conclusion, I see a lot of speculation..... nothing more.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #302
Luminous
Cyclops

For those of you questioning Microsoft's motives for backing out of the DRM policies:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/falcon-x32/...-of-integrity/

Quote:
This is, obviously, a direct response to Sony's masterful showcase at E3 a couple weeks ago. I can just imagine the meetings those on the Xbox team had the next day. It must have been a very rude awakening because I'm sure they assumed Sony would be coming out with the same details. Lo and behold, not only does the PlayStation 4 have none of those restrictions, but they are launching $100 cheaper than the Xbox One!! It was clearly time for Microsoft to show off why what they were doing was important, and show people why the Xbox One would warrant those preposterous policies.

NOPE!

They threw in the white flag and are removing all DRM and always-connected restrictions from their newest console. While this is truly great for the Xbox One, it doesn't bode so well for Microsoft in the eyes of the people.

Do you actually believe if Sony were to come out with these same policies we would even be having this discussion right now? There is no way Microsoft would have changed its tune if that were the case. They are a successful business. They are smart enough to know when they are losing a battle and are scrambling to rekindle the love of the consumer.
Quote:
Microsoft is just playing to the wind. They are reacting to the horrible press and backlash they received and are trying to right the ship. While that is respectable, the past isn't so easy forgettable. You can't forget the fact that they tried to force us into these new laws and that people would suffer for no real, valid, reason.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #303
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Someone posted this comment on the fhighting game community, think about it.

Quote:
Do you remember something? In their reveal, as well as E3, MS said "The Xbox One is designed with this kind of DRM because that's how the console is designed to work, and we have this huge cloud infrastructure to asure your games are always available 24/7".

Now, off of nowhere, this caves in. So they meant suddenly that the console "is not designed to work that way anymore" and "The Cloud" used to save the DRM as well as the "always available games" doesn't exist. Am I the only one that thinks this makes them look bad in hindsight after they were fiercely favoring and deffending their policies? Just curious.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #304
MrYac
Hercules

they're dumbing down their system to appease the angry masses, it's not a win for anybody
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #305
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #306
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
they're dumbing down their system to appease the angry masses, it's not a win for anybody
Trust me, it's a win for the consumer. For some crazy reason, you think losing draconian DRM restrictions is a bad thing. I am having a difficult time believing I even have to explain how this is a good thing to anyone.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #307
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Huh? Its a win for the majority of gamers. I'm sure most have no problem sacrificing that "family plan" if it means eliminating the need to always be connected to the internet, dropping region coding, lifting restrictions on used games and allowing gamers to use the physical disc they bought however they choose. I honestly find it strange you place more value in the family plan than anything listed above.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #308
MrYac
Hercules

personally I place a hell of a lot more value in it, I fully admit I disliked the policies at first, but as a whole I think they could've been tweaked and not killed. they were attempting to do something new with the market, as it stands now we're paying $500 for a slightly improved version of what's in our living rooms right now
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #309
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
personally I place a hell of a lot more value in it, I fully admit I disliked the policies at first, but as a whole I think they could've been tweaked and not killed. they were attempting to do something new with the market, as it stands now we're paying $500 for a slightly improved version of what's in our living rooms right now
Yeah, they were attempting to control every facet of your consumer rights with an iron fist. Thanks, but I think I'll pass.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #310
MrYac
Hercules

unfortunately micosoft royal screwed themselves over by giving no straight answers. they allowed the internet to fester and run wild with end of the world scenarios and it quickly became too late for them to do any damage control, they should've taken charge at E3 and laid everything on the table good and bad and I think people would've accepted what was being offered far better