Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 AM   #21
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

That is some sweet art. I too cannot stick to statues and it has become expensive, but seeing such quality is woth it IMO. I have my first order with James at HFA, (Ross WW) I know where i can get it about 50 miles away, james is probably about 4000 miles away but i heard great things about HFA and want to support a forum member.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 AM   #22
BobbyW
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob
That is some sweet art. I too cannot stick to statues and it has become expensive, but seeing such quality is woth it IMO. I have my first order with James at HFA, (Ross WW) I know where i can get it about 50 miles away, james is probably about 4000 miles away but i heard great things about HFA and want to support a forum member.
Great things is an understatement (suck-up time...LOL!!!) He'll do you right! I haven't bought everything from him, but when I do deal with him, he treats me right. I'm just debating what's going to be next...
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #23
risingstar
Jedi Order

Nice stuff!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:41 AM   #24
AK84
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Really cool art collection u got there especially the first batman poster. May I know how much did u pay for it. Is it easy to get that poster?
AK84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #25
BobbyW
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK84
Really cool art collection u got there especially the first batman poster. May I know how much did u pay for it. Is it easy to get that poster?
The first Batman is a paper giclee, I don't believe this ever came out on poster format. I got two of these for $900 each...gave one to my son!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #26
mtgainer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Those are awesome. I'm getting the Cap shield too. I have recently started acquiring Lithos as well. Great start. I love the Marvel Masteriece... uh... piece.
mtgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #27
BobbyW
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgainer
Those are awesome. I'm getting the Cap shield too. I have recently started acquiring Lithos as well. Great start. I love the Marvel Masteriece... uh... piece.
Oh this isn't a start! Somebody on this forum (Zurb) got me into wall art a couple of years ago. I was content with my dust, I mean bust collection, but now it's all about covering all the bare spots on the wall, along with collecting dust...

These items are just recent acquisitions...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #28
risingstar
Jedi Order

How do you feel about the WB frame on the Batman Gotham piece?
I was unhappy with it so I went all out on a custom design fitting with extra matting.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #29
vetteman
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like your frame but with the original matting. You have too many mats for that piece. There are so many, it's hard to focus on the piece. Again, great frame though.
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #30
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman
I like your frame but with the original matting. You have too many mats for that piece. There are so many, it's hard to focus on the piece. Again, great frame though.

I found it harder to focus with the black border as it's what your eyes tend to notice first (ask professional framers about colored borders)... Anyhoo this version works for me. I did the same job with another WB frame.