Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-23-2020, 10:50 PM   #41
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
I’ve messaged them on social media. If we all get in touch to express our dissatisfaction with the Dilo, they might change it. I was hoping for something more like this...
That’s Stan Winston’s (lobby museum) 1.1 dilo pose I believe. It would be great that pose.
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #42
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Up for pre order on the 17th.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #43
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Am I the only one who isn't feeling this statue? Something about the post just seems awkward.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #44
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I'd order but I assume still no US shipping due to Chronicle's exclusive distribution in US
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #45
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
Am I the only one who isn't feeling this statue? Something about the post just seems awkward.
I do agree it's not their greatest piece (regarding the Dilo's positioning at least) but I also understand why P1 ignored the feedback on this one. The JP stuff is just not selling well. The JW pieces are doing much better and I think they will focus on the new movies from now on. I doubt we will see any more offerings from JP, TLW or JP3. It's a real shame, I was hoping to see at least one piece from TLW but if fans aren't buying them, why would they bother!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #46
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

The issue with the pose is that is out of balance. The weight is supposed to be on his right leg. As an animator, this is a pet peeve for me. Feels like he'll fall over. But other than that, i actually dig this piece. But is to expensive unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_091237.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	133177  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #47
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I do agree it's not their greatest piece (regarding the Dilo's positioning at least) but I also understand why P1 ignored the feedback on this one. The JP stuff is just not selling well. The JW pieces are doing much better and I think they will focus on the new movies from now on. I doubt we will see any more offerings from JP, TLW or JP3. It's a real shame, I was hoping to see at least one piece from TLW but if fans aren't buying them, why would they bother!
There will always be collectors interested in the first trilogy designs. P1 is just making the edition sizes smaller than JW's. Don't forget that Universal is solely focused on JW and they want to push that brand.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:17 AM   #48
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
There will always be collectors interested in the first trilogy designs. P1 is just making the edition sizes smaller than JW's. Don't forget that Universal is solely focused on JW and they want to push that brand.
I'm fairly sure we've seen all that they will produce from the original trilogy. They are definitely having more success with the JW pieces. Watch this space. I'll gladly eat my words if I'm mistaken but I think the focus will be on JW, JWFK and JWD going forward. I believe there were plans for a Compy piece from the TLW but P1 cancelled it due to low interest in the originals.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #49
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
I'm fairly sure we've seen all that they will produce from the original trilogy. They are definitely having more success with the JW pieces. Watch this space. I'll gladly eat my words if I'm mistaken but I think the focus will be on JW, JWFK and JWD going forward. I believe there were plans for a Compy piece from the TLW but P1 cancelled it due to low interest in the originals.
I would have killed for compys!! I belive it was this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1600433366747.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	133240   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1600433355878.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	133241  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #50
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I would have killed for compys!! I belive it was this.
Yes that would have been awesome! I would also have loved to see a LW male raptor from them but I'm pretty sure that will never happen now either