Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #521
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
This pic is helpful. Thanks! I am on the fence with the SSC Ivy Premium Format. I just wish the color was a little more mint than pea green but I also heard it doesn't photograph well and looks better in hand.

Oh, and this 1/3 Ivy is AMAZING! Just wish this was shrunk down to 1/4 scale.
I would maybe wait on the next one if you're on the fence. But I also don't like the new SSC sculpt or color at all. There will be another, she's definitely in the lower risk/easy sales range for SSC, so you could also pick up the current one while you can and hold onto it until the inevitable next version.

I wish the Hush one was 1/4 too, but I don't regret the purchase at all. Just for uniformity's sake.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #522
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I would maybe wait on the next one if you're on the fence. But I also don't like the new SSC sculpt or color at all. There will be another, she's definitely in the lower risk/easy sales range for SSC, so you could also pick up the current one while you can and hold onto it until the inevitable next version.

I wish the Hush one was 1/4 too, but I don't regret the purchase at all. Just for uniformity's sake.
Yep, I think I'm waiting. It just didn't hit me and I will save the $600 for something else. Hopefully a new one comes down the pipe in the near future.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #523
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I got a shipping soon notice from Sideshow a couple days ago.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:32 PM   #524
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I got a shipping soon notice from Sideshow a couple days ago.
Great statue!!
Big, heavy and awkward to handle box.
Your going to love it.
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 PM   #525
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

I really really want this statue, but I’m about a hairsbreath from cancelling my preorder from my local retailer.

I just keep on ordering those damn Queen Studios pieces, and given I’m more or less a movie collector, great pieces like this possibly get shown the door. And of course because of a damn lack of space! Why couldn’t all of us be rich. It would make all our collecting lives so much easier.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #526
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I really really want this statue, but I’m about a hairsbreath from cancelling my preorder from my local retailer.

I just keep on ordering those damn Queen Studios pieces, and given I’m more or less a movie collector, great pieces like this possibly get shown the door. And of course because of a damn lack of space! Why couldn’t all of us be rich. It would make all our collecting lives so much easier.
Aren't those all busts? So why?
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #527
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

Ha I'm the total opposite, no interest in movie pieces. I like how different people's tastes are considering how niche this hobby already is. I don't even stray from Batman characters except for a couple X-Men.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #528
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Aren't those all busts? So why?
Not quite. I’ve only received the Life Size Silicone Busts so far.

But I’ve also got multiple full 1/3 and 1/2 scale statues on preorder.

And as to why?! Silly question.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:36 PM   #529
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Ha I'm the total opposite, no interest in movie pieces. I like how different people's tastes are considering how niche this hobby already is. I don't even stray from Batman characters except for a couple X-Men.
When you exclude Star Wars, and Horror movie collectors, you’ll find that collectors such as myself who primarily collect only Marvel/DC movie pieces are in the far minority, in comparison to comic based collectors. You can’t imagine (maybe you can) how many times I’ve read the line ‘looks great, but I don’t collect movie statues’ on these forums versus those who only collect movie pieces.

Sometimes I’m great full for my choice, otherwise my wallet would be running scared because of events like the one just held by Prime 1. Not a single piece was aimed at me
Old 09-25-2020, 11:39 PM   #530
saberhagen

The lack of huge movies this year can't be helping. May your drought end soon!

Some of the subjects were aimed at me, but not the scale. Let's see how my resolve holds on Talon.