Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-16-2020, 11:02 PM   #201
built2shred
Phoenix

The Easiest way around that is to just have Pascal do voice-overs and have a stunt double wear the outfit... (IE: James Earl Jones as Vader).... You only need Pascal in the outfit for rare scenes where he's shown without a helmet...

EDIT: I just read an article and it appears that Pascal was hardly on the set for Season one, All he really did was just voice-overs and was only in the suit a few times... It seems he wants to be on the set more but without having to wear the gear all the time and wants to show his face more... I think what happen was Mandalorian became a huge success and Pascal wants his face all over the show to help boost his career... To be honest when you don't see the actors face at all who cares about him, look at the guy who wore Darth Vader's outfit, nobody knows his name lol

It wouldn't be that hard to find someone with a similar voice as his especially since the helmet muffles it a bit anyways and just tell Pascal to take a hike...

Of course this could all be a rumor or half-truths and blown out of proportion... I guess time will tell...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:32 AM   #202
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Heard that Pedro Pascal quit because he didn’t like wearing the helmet.
But I thought..."This is the way"?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #203
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The Easiest way around that is to just have Pascal do voice-overs and have a stunt double wear the outfit... (IE: James Earl Jones as Vader).... You only need Pascal in the outfit for rare scenes where he's shown without a helmet...

EDIT: I just read an article and it appears that Pascal was hardly on the set for Season one, All he really did was just voice-overs and was only in the suit a few times... It seems he wants to be on the set more but without having to wear the gear all the time and wants to show his face more... I think what happen was Mandalorian became a huge success and Pascal wants his face all over the show to help boost his career... To be honest when you don't see the actors face at all who cares about him, look at the guy who wore Darth Vader's outfit, nobody knows his name lol

It wouldn't be that hard to find someone with a similar voice as his especially since the helmet muffles it a bit anyways and just tell Pascal to take a hike...

Of course this could all be a rumor or half-truths and blown out of proportion... I guess time will tell...

This is one of the problems I've had with all of the superhero movies. The actors just can't go very long without having their "face" shot. They rip their masks or helmets off so often that the idea of a "secret" identity is irrelevant.

On a side note though, this concept of Mandalorian's not removing their helmets so no-one is allowed to see their faces seems to have been created for this particular series since it doesn't co-incide with the treatment of the Mandalorian's in the Clone Wars animated series.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #204
SONICobra
Batman

urban wore the f_ck out of that helmet in dredd, he didnt wine about wanting to take it off
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:38 AM   #205
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

All of those rumors seem to be coming from "Wegothiscovered" and "Cosmicbooknews" both sites are known for reporting unfounded rumors. I honestly think they make half of it up themselves. I wouldn't believe a word of it until an actual news site confirms it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #206
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Except all of us Star Wars Uber nerds know it was David Prowse. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #207
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
urban wore the f_ck out of that helmet in dredd, he didnt wine about wanting to take it off
Exactly.... and he's doing quite well.

We all know that Pascal is the Mandalorian (helmet or no helmet). If he quits or pulls the helmet off (like they do in the Spiderman/AntMan films) it's going to seriously piss off the fanbase
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:36 PM   #208
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Exactly...great example of what all the "posers" or should I say in the immortal words of Kilowog, "poozers" should use as an example when they play a role where they need to wear a mask or a helmet. Every 4 minutes there shouldn't be a photo op to take the mask or helmet off... Okay, end of rant.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #209
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
That's because Karl Urban is the sh!t. Loved him since he played Eomer.

I don't understand why, if true, Pascal would need to show his face more. He is already and established actor AND the majority of his work for the show is voice-over. Honestly, if he has quit - I am just fine with it. I like Brandan Wayne (suit wearer) and I don't care what Mando's voice sounds like. And if he must remove his helmet again, I don't care what the face looks like under it. I care about the story and the so-damn-adorable Child.

I don't get why the fanbase would be that broken up is Pascal left and the character remained the same. I would be more pissed off if they starting taking off his helmet when that was a major character development point for the entire first season. This is the way. Don't change the way.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #210
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That's because Karl Urban is the sh!t. Loved him since he played Eomer.

I don't understand why, if true, Pascal would need to show his face more. He is already and established actor AND the majority of his work for the shot is voice-over. Honestly, if he has quit - I am just fine with it. I like Brandan Wayne (suit wearer) and I don't care what Mando's voice sounds like. And if he must remove his helmet again, I don't care what the face looks like under it. I care about the story and the so-damn-adorable Child.

I don't get why the fanbase would be that broken up is Pascal left and the character remained the same. I would be more pissed off if they starting taking off his helmet when that was a major character development point for the entire first season. This is the way. Don't change the way.
Get Urban to play Mando. Problem solved.
Even though he's already a popular guy, that would shoot him into the stratosphere.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote