Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #61
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
writing is the one thing that Marvel Films has actually been doing consistently well. As I mentioned in another post, Marvel movies seem to be written by fans who's love and respect for the characters show...
They certainly started off that way for the most part. How long do think that will last though? I see them veering away from that already.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #62
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They certainly started off that way for the most part. How long do think that will last though? I see them veering away from that already.
we'll have to see...Disney has so many formulas/statistics that influence their decisions...like all businesses it expects a profit but SO FAR they've done it successfully and in a way that fans and stockholders are mostly happy
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #63
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not sure Disney got their formula right on Star Wars, Force Awakens made 2 billion, The Last Jedi made 1.3 billion and Rise of Skywalker made 1 billion... If they were doing it right the numbers should have gone the other way, Rise of Skywalker should have been the highest grossing film.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #64
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not sure Disney got their formula right on Star Wars, Force Awakens made 2 billion, The Last Jedi made 1.3 billion and Rise of Skywalker made 1 billion... If they were doing it right the numbers should have gone the other way, Rise of Skywalker should have been the highest grossing film.
Fiege is far more competent than Kennedy was in overseeing these projects.

The MCU had a plan and consistent vision. Star Wars was haphazardly tossed together.

Look at how Avengers 1, 2, 3, 4 grossed. Clearly the general public responded favourably to what they got. Star Wars on the big screen needs a rest and a real plan to rebuild itself if it wants to be at MCU level.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #65
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

If I was a shareholder I would not be happy with Disney's handling of Star Wars, sure it made money, but it could have made a ridiculous amount more if they gave it the proper planning and care it deserved. Its a property that virtually prints money if handled correctly, but somehow Disney managed to screw it all up royally, they probably assumed that it would sell based on brand recognition alone, but its clear thats not the case when fans want world building, creativity and cohesive story telling and what we got didnt have any of that, just a soulless and heartless husk of what Star Wars once was
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #66
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Disney did a terrible job with Star Wars. Not one scene with Luke, Han, and Leia together. Missed opportunity big time and the main villain was awful. Kylo smh. ...TFA was the best of them but even it had little rewatch value.
TLJ was god awful and the last one wasn’t much better.

Thankfully Mandalorian was incredible!!!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #67
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Disney did a terrible job with Star Wars. Not one scene with Luke, Han, and Leia together. Missed opportunity big time and the main villain was awful. Kylo smh. ...TFA was the best of them but even it had little rewatch value.
TLJ was god awful and the last one wasn’t much better.

Thankfully Mandalorian was incredible!!!
I'll never understand why people say TFA is the best of the sequel trilogy, its TFA that set everything off on the wrong foot (map to Luke nonsense, no luke han leia together, terrible new characters, ill-conceived story) that was all because of TFA then it just carried over into the next movies because the next movies were stuck with the crap that TFA set up
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #68
Davidian
Omega Flight

Agreed on all accounts about owning physical discs, but not all people seem to care about viewing movies/TV shows the same way we do.

As far as CM 2, I'll leave my reservations on the side, as the first one was ok, and since I really enjoy the character, I'm hoping the 2nd one will be a lot better.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 04:41 PM   #69
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Teaser trailer released today: https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...au-kamala-khan
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:52 AM   #70
ukshaun
Hercules

HIGHER. FURTHER. FASTER. TOGETHER.

That's a mouth full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I could not see the video in the link provided.

This link works:

Marvel Studios’ The Marvels | Teaser Trailer
https://youtu.be/iuk77TjvfmE

Looks average at best.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote