Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-28-2020, 05:16 AM   #41
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Exactly. Like the Prime 1 showcase, this feels like a 2-3 year preview of what's coming (which is both good - you know what's coming - and bad - the length of time is frustrating - for collectors).
Exactly. But honestly if you show me something and say oh this is 2-3 years off then I’d rather just not even know. So much can happen in that time. Changed interests. Factors necessitating the original sculpt that was shown needing to be changed which seems to happen a frequently with XM (Green Goblin, Deadpool, Batman Who Laughs, etc). Then there’s the “what ever happened to that?” group (Rhino, Apocalypse). Or the worst, announced products eventually not coming out at all...Quicksilver and Wasteland Batman for example. Show me what’s coming in the next 6 months or it doesn’t exist lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #42
FJC
Midnighter

Is there any info on how they're going to handle the ES on this 1/4 DC line? Their 1/4 Marvel line has a 999 ES cap. I wonder if it'll be the same with the DC line?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #43
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Exactly. But honestly if you show me something and say oh this is 2-3 years off then I’d rather just not even know. So much can happen in that time. Changed interests. Factors necessitating the original sculpt that was shown needing to be changed which seems to happen a frequently with XM (Green Goblin, Deadpool, Batman Who Laughs, etc). Then there’s the “what ever happened to that?” group (Rhino, Apocalypse). Or the worst, announced products eventually not coming out at all...Quicksilver and Wasteland Batman for example. Show me what’s coming in the next 6 months or it doesn’t exist lol.
I pre ordered Lady Sif...three yeas ago and I still don't have a window announced for release.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:57 PM   #44
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I pre ordered Lady Sif...three yeas ago and I still don't have a window announced for release.
I would get a refund if I were you...with XM holding your money for more than 3 years.. that is a NO NO for any kind of business.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #45
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
To the shock of everyone...I am hoping XM does a Power Girl in 1:4 scale. A man can dream of Big Barda finally getting a large scale piece too.
Add me to the list, make a PG and will be my first XM statue!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #46
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Excited to see these, but realistically only want batman and if it really is the batman we (i've) been waiting for? Looks like He's going to be museum pose.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #47
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Excited to see these, but realistically only want batman and if it really is the batman we (i've) been waiting for? Looks like He's going to be museum pose.
Hopefully!
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #48
Mister H
Gen 13

I know it's a long shot, but I hope GL has this pose.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #49
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hopefully!
I normally like action poses but if XM can nail Batman without strange anatomy, no weird headsculpt, no cape that’s really just a full on curtain, no chaps, no other strange no-basis-in-anything costume details, no hunchback, and just provide a solid, comic book costume based, normal headed Batman and they have to do a museum pose to get it done, then I’m 100% for it. They can even place him on the tried and true and tired @$$ gargoyle for the millionth time on a 1/4 Batman statue, it’d get a strong pass for a decent 1/4 Batman.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:25 PM   #50
FJC
Midnighter

I'm dying to see Martian Manhunter. That's the 1/4 piece I'm in dire need of for my JL lineup. After that, I'll be anxiously awaiting a George Perez Deathstroke. If we get any other version but a Perez styled Deathstroke....it'll be a HARD pass for me.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote