Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #1221
Redsaleen
Justice League

That’s why they are pushing this piece to get done, no cancelations. Best way to bring money in is by getting paid on a product you know is a sellout.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #1222
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
That’s why they are pushing this piece to get done, no cancelations. Best way to bring money in is by getting paid on a product you know is a sellout.
If this piece is profitable, (which if not it would have been cancelled) then a lot of the pricing and ES factors we have been told are lies.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #1223
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Just got on the waiting list.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #1224
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Eh out of all PCS products I would think this has the worst chances to convert but I still think it will.
There's like 20 of the MKX Scorpion busts on eBay right now.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it converted. Does everyone think this has potential to considered one of PCS’s best.

IMHO the 1/3 100% did not live up to their hype. They were good but to me, not mind blowing great. Between the awful delays...I felt I was left with a piece that I was settling for. I had 1/3 Sub and Scorp AP versions and wound up selling both.
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #1225
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Goro 1/3 is different from the ninjas in that he showcases Jerry's anatomy sculpting skillz better than most releases. Aftermarket appreciation is accelerating more slowly in general for everyone, so for such a large expensive niche piece, I'd expect WL converts, and it may linger in stock for a couple of months. This was one of the better ES calls in PCS history. No exclusive variants or anything, just 150.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #1226
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Goro 1/3 is different from the ninjas in that he showcases Jerry's anatomy sculpting skillz better than most releases. Aftermarket appreciation is accelerating more slowly in general for everyone, so for such a large expensive niche piece, I'd expect WL converts, and it may linger in stock for a couple of months. This was one of the better ES calls in PCS history. No exclusive variants or anything, just 150.
Jerry wasn't a main on this one.
Joseph Jung and Hector Arce

And for the record when someone justs wants to do art this is what it looks like.
https://www.instagram.com/harcesculpture/
https://www.instagram.com/joejung70/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11-16-2018, 01:08 AM   #1227
MegatronG1
The X-Men

That explains why Goro looks so much more refined than a typical Jerry solo piece. I already knew Joe Jung worked on the MKX girls, so it's great to see he did that much on Goro. I hope they keep him on tap.

Hector's work is all over the place, he deserves a lot of credit. I thought he mostly did bases and armor pieces, but also Chun Li's hair and whatnot.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:26 AM   #1228
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
That explains why Goro looks so much more refined than a typical Jerry solo piece. I already knew Joe Jung worked on the MKX girls, so it's great to see he did that much on Goro. I hope they keep him on tap.

Hector's work is all over the place, he deserves a lot of credit. I thought he mostly did bases and armor pieces, but also Chun Li's hair and whatnot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQbxqg8gMOA/
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #1229
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
That is really where most PCS stuff needs to be.
Regardless of evil flippers and miss outs that's what's required to allow demand to shift from the initial orders.
Much past a couple hundred and you erase trading.
The 300-800+ and there's always ease of availability so less incentive for commitments.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #1230
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Quote:
harcesculptureHere's another look at the 1:3 scale Goro from @pcstoys This pic gives you a great idea of how massive he is. Especially standing next to the life size Scorpion bust I sculpted. Goro sculpting credits go to @joejung70 and myself (the base and other parts here and there) and paint by @og_kangol and myself (the base and other parts here and there) Goro's head and all armor parts were 3d printed from the mkx game itsel. Art directed by Jerry Macaluso.
That says it all. All this time I thought Jerry did the bulk of Goro's anatomy, and here I was praising him for it, for just ok'ing it.