Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM   #81
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I suggested a Star Trek line to one of the big companies, but was told Star Trek just doesn't sell.
Is the EXO-6 1:6 figure line considered successful?

They seem to be pumping out every character from all the Star Trek shows and movies. Unlike Hot Toys, collectors can actually complete an entire line for a specific show/film.

The batches might be small - perhaps a small but devote customer base.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:03 PM   #82
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

They seem to be pumping out every character from all the Star Trek shows and movies. Unlike Hot Toys, collectors can actually complete an entire line for a specific show/film.

The company I spoke was referring to statues, so it's certainly possible that there's a market for figures. If EXO-6 is pumping out a lot of characters, I imagine it must be successful.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:23 PM   #83
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

I collect Exo-6 figures, but so many of their face sculpts are truly bad. And yet if you follow the figure threads over on the other forum, hardly anyone mentions it, because they’re all so desperate for figures to complete a said line.

I personally hated their recent B’Elanna Torres and Geordi La Forge figures, and all anyone is doing is singing their praises, unless someone asks about any of the obvious imperfections.

Their quality is quite low, but you kind of get what you’re paying for, as they used to charge quite a bit lower than Hot Toys figures. But recently they’ve been charging more, without a real change in quality. If I was to make a comparison, the drop from Hot Toys to Exo-6 is similar or greater to the drop between InArt and Hot Toys.

And keep in mind that many were already complaining about the price of those Exo-6 figures. So it seems most probably don’t really have the cash to spare to spend on any decent statues. Even these statues from Darkside look to have maybe topped out at 150 statues each. I doubt the 300 regulars were ever made for Spock given that Popcultcha who listed the regular seems to have received the Exclusive instead.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote