Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #711
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
I caved in and ordered this hulk,really really like him ,both heads are great,but prefer the exclusive head more,..for a 1/5 ( comiquette)it's amazing he is more imposing then the age of ultron hulk,which is 1/4..,
I saw the Hulk and Wolvie Dio next to the Age of Ultron Hulk last weekend. The Maquette is the same heightish, but head and shoulders above the top of the Hulks head. It will be bigger then this one for sure, BUT all that being said this is going to be massive. It will match well with small PFs , but not larger ones
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #712
GrabberOrange
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have all on order from the Avengers 1/5 line except Hulk as of now. Thinking of getting HvsW because of the value but might look too out of place next to Avengers...
GrabberOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #713
gearhead
The Herculoids

My Captain America Exclusive wait list converter yesterday, but now I'm waffling on the whole line. Thor got me interested enough to take a closer look at this line and get on the wait list, but Hulk's price has me wanting to bail on the whole thing. Guess I'll think about until Cap is ready to ship.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #714
fsdre
Mephisto

any in hand pics of iron man yet?
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #715
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I saw the Hulk and Wolvie Dio next to the Age of Ultron Hulk last weekend. The Maquette is the same heightish, but head and shoulders above the top of the Hulks head. It will be bigger then this one for sure, BUT all that being said this is going to be massive. It will match well with small PFs , but not larger ones
That's what I expected,he is smaller but not by much,and with his arms raised ready to smash ,looks awesome I actually cancelled my age if ultron hulk,price being too high and this hulk being cheaper,and more in character ,placed the order...I plan to display him next to my xm wolverine ,or on his own...
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:59 PM   #716
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Next to HX Project Thor.

T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 AM   #717
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Paint is a little f-ed on the knee and top of the thigh, otherwise, color pops and is pretty nice.

Smaller than I expected.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:02 AM   #718
davishi
Frackin!

Got mine! Despite IM being my longtime favorite character, this is the first Sideshow IM statue I've actually wanted. I remember having the original comiquette in my shopping cart debating whether or not to pull the trigger, but I just couldn't convince myself to like it.

Quick shots:

only big issue that I can see is that the eye black paint on both heads aren't great (more noticeable on the regular head). Don't think it's worth replacing, a sharpie should be able to take care of it...

There are some "scuffs" around the yellow parts, which may be battle damage, may be shoddy painting. And I mean that on top of the intentional battle damage. Also the yellow on the right shoulder looks to have noticeably less coverage if you look real close.

Linework on the red parts are surprisingly nearly flawless, but a bit less neat on the yellow parts.

The base is probably the weakest part of the statue -- the street pavement looks "plasticy".

Overall, love the statue - none of the aforementioned issues can be seen from 2+ feet away.

Being the classic armor I think this would have been perfect with a chrome-like paint finish. God help my wallet if Sideshow offers a variant down the road...
davishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #719
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Thanks for the comparison between the HX Thor and SS IM.

I would like to see the HX hulk in comparison to this SS IM though
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:35 PM   #720
tdevo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got my exclusive today. Very happy how it turned out. Looking forward to Captain America coming in a couple of weeks. Pre-ordered Thor, but probably passing on the Hulk. Just wasn't wild about the head sculpt on the Hulk and with the cost, agree with others that the Hulk/Wolverine would be a better way to go. Feel good just going with the Big 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5219.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	107558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5220.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	107559  
tdevo is offline   Reply With Quote