Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #831
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I think this line is fantastic. As viewer from afar because it's not a line I am capable of collecting, this looks great and is the closest I've been to wanting single characters. I think the hulk seem issue is significantly overblown. I also agree that Thor is the weakest, but over all still looks good, just the other look great!! Congratulations, to those who have these. Keep sharing. I hope they do complete this line for you. I'll enjoy it from afar even more then. I think an X-Men line like this would also look phenomenal.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #832
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Thor is my far the strongest for me. Wierd how peoples opinions differ so much. That's collecting for ya
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #833
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Thor is my far the strongest for me. Wierd how peoples opinions differ so much. That's collecting for ya
I think it's a great piece. Just very disappointed with this paint on the head. Caps eyes and face look perfect and very close to the advertised piece. Thor has a pretty noticeable different look and it's not very good. I don't get how they thought people would be ok with that big of a difference between pre-order pics and the final production. Trust me, I completely understand that it wasn't going to look exactly like the website but this just isn't the face that people were expecting when they ordered.
Unicornbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #834
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicornbang View Post
I think it's a great piece. Just very disappointed with this paint on the head. Caps eyes and face look perfect and very close to the advertised piece. Thor has a pretty noticeable different look and it's not very good. I don't get how they thought people would be ok with that big of a difference between pre-order pics and the final production. Trust me, I completely understand that it wasn't going to look exactly like the website but this just isn't the face that people were expecting when they ordered.
Luckily for me, I never spend more than a minute looking at product to decide whether I want to buy it or not, because of what you said. In this day and age is very hard to ever receive a product like its prototype, and I can't see any difference in Thor because I didn't look at prototype pics long enough.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #835
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Luckily for me, I never spend more than a minute looking at product to decide whether I want to buy it or not, because of what you said. In this day and age is very hard to ever receive a product like its prototype, and I can't see any difference in Thor because I didn't look at prototype pics long enough.
I need to start doing this, on some statues i tend to spend months looking at photos trying to decide if i should PO or not.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #836
pamphyboy
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
I know, right? I feel like I'm losing my mind reading people complain about the seam, it looks like one of the best implemented seams I've ever seen.

I guess my standard of collecting statues is way different than yours. I"m gonna check this on my LCS to see if the seam is not bad in person. I really like the pose on this.
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #837
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
I guess these are my first SS statues so I just wasn't aware of these issues. Trust me if I get a good Thor sculpt back from SS I will be very happy. I just have never spent this much on statues and want them to be perfect. I understand things happen though. The Hulk seam isn't bothering me as much but it does make me think twice about what angle I'm going to have him at. I think anything that costs almost $600 definitely gives people the right to complain.
Unicornbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #838
KELPIE
New Republic

Common Sideshow, bring us Vision!!

Please.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:20 AM   #839
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post