Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-14-2023, 05:31 AM   #121
pdenham
Teen Titans

To answer my own question, it is only the C set, sold direct, that offers the articulated hands. It looks like every set comes with a seamless bare hand/forearm that is a fixed sculpt similar to what INART is doing.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:00 PM   #122
Yamato
Justice League

Supposedly the next 1/6 figures are from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:33 PM   #123
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
You got to love variety...oh wait.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:14 PM   #124
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
so....the same exact licenses Inart has been doing? lmao. What is wrong with these companies? It's so annoying to watch them just copy each other over and over. Good luck JND.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:18 PM   #125
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

As so many of these IP’s are owned by a small selection of entities. It might very well be the licensor who’s pushing particular choices onto manufacturers.

And I’m quite sure one of the manufacturers has said as much in the past.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:00 PM   #126
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As so many of these IP?s are owned by a small selection of entities. It might very well be the licensor who?s pushing particular choices onto manufacturers.

And I?m quite sure one of the manufacturers has said as much in the past.
I don't think it's a good business strategy, especially when you have so many people not liking what JND is doing in the 1/6 space. Inart has been extremely successful so far and has gotten high praise. If they do different types of the same characters, I could see it having a chance, but since they went with boring purple coat Joker with a creepy head, I doubt they will do this.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 02:06 AM   #127
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I can honestly see JND becoming completely irrelevant in the next few years (2 max)....as a company, they are repeatedly failing to read the markets they're operating in.

Their arrogance was cute in the statue realm, if a little tedious, but in the world of 1/6.....no chance. Their little 1/6 gimmick isn't generating the buzz they hoped it would, and their pricing is beyond laughable in the face of the competition.

I'm doubled over in anticipation of seeing JND try to compete with InArt (or Hot Toys) with their next pieces.....I wonder if that Dark Knight piece is still available?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:19 AM   #128
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I can honestly see JND becoming completely irrelevant in the next few years (2 max)....as a company, they are repeatedly failing to read the markets they're operating in.

Their arrogance was cute in the statue realm, if a little tedious, but in the world of 1/6.....no chance. Their little 1/6 gimmick isn't generating the buzz they hoped it would, and their pricing is beyond laughable in the face of the competition.

I'm doubled over in anticipation of seeing JND try to compete with InArt (or Hot Toys) with their next pieces.....I wonder if that Dark Knight piece is still available?
As of today, it is. No instant "Sold out" sign like other pieces.

I agree it appears the 1/6 market is not ripe for the JND prices. InArt's prices are higher than Hot Toys as well but they seem to be right on the line of what consumers are willing to pay.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:15 AM   #129
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
As of today, it is. No instant "Sold out" sign like other pieces.

I agree it appears the 1/6 market is not ripe for the JND prices. InArt's prices are higher than Hot Toys as well but they seem to be right on the line of what consumers are willing to pay.
I get the feeling that, for 1/6 scale, JND solved a problem that didn't exist. But, the shear arrogance of releasing a product like The Dark Knight without rooted hair (when that has become the "quality" benchmark), with a static bat suit, and for an eye watering price tag.....boggles the mind. Most of us could (and did) predict the outcome of that release....and now we've got another JND piece destined for the landfill......I'm sure they've learnt nothing from this, as they forge blindly onwards with LotR and Harry Potter......oh well.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 02:19 PM   #130
Yamato
Justice League

I've got nothing to add, I would just sound like a broken record at this point.

All I can do is just wait and hope for interesting licenses. Plenty of them are in the JND Wishlist thread already that aren't the same ones we've seen done ad infinitum.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote