Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #21
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebon View Post
What about the water damage that this cover suffered, that isn't being reported in the auction? You can actually see some of it in the logo area. You'd be tricked into thinking that was glue stains or browning, but the logo is on an acetate overlay, which really prevents glue stains, what with it not being glued on there.
Ummmm....what water damage?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #22
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
The water damage in the logo -- look closely at each letter as each stain appears to be a depiction of the Hulk or Bruce Banner
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #23
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
The water damage in the logo -- look closely at each letter as each stain appears to be a depiction of the Hulk or Bruce Banner

I think he's right about the water damage. Look at the right side of the art in the first pic:

and then they posted the last picture which shows some kind of damage.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
lebon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The last picture isn't damage. There is a full sheet overlay stapled to the art. The logo is attached to the overlay. The waviness in the last picture is the overlay not laying flat. You can see a reflection in the Hulk's cheek, because of the overlay. Same thing in the bottom.

The brown staining up top, by the logo, I can tell you that there is a lot of water damage to the cover underneath the logo, on the art.

Hulk Hulk's hair all wet and messy.
lebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I don't see it then. They should have a scan without the overlay.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
The last picture isn't damage. There is a full sheet overlay stapled to the art. The logo is attached to the overlay. The waviness in the last picture is the overlay not laying flat. You can see a reflection in the Hulk's cheek, because of the overlay. Same thing in the bottom.

The brown staining up top, by the logo, I can tell you that there is a lot of water damage to the cover underneath the logo, on the art.

Hulk Hulk's hair all wet and messy.

Thanks Lebon - I think I understand your point now: There is water damage to the cover and the seller has covered that damage by placing a title stat on an overlay on top of where the water damage is.

Now I must ask the question others must have - how do you know about the water damage - have you seen this cover before in person or on a site?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #27
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Thanks Lebon - I think I understand your point now: There is water damage to the cover and the seller has covered that damage by placing a title stat on an overlay on top of where the water damage is.

Now I must ask the question others must have - how do you know about the water damage - have you seen this cover before in person or on a site?
Maybe he's bidding on it and is trying to scare us off. Just kidding, I'm interested in hearing more abou this.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #28
lebon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
It's well known within the Hulk collector circles that this piece has water damage. The original owner had the overlay created to cover it up. He even stapled the overlay onto the cover.
lebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Exactly.

It's well known within the Hulk collector circles that this piece has water damage. The original owner had the overlay created to cover it up. He even stapled the overlay onto the cover.

Thanks. That does make this a very shady manuever. I wonder if that is why he is using this auction house? I am sure Heritage would not have let him list it without disclosing that information.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #30
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Exactly.

Nice inside info Lebon Thanks for sharing it.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote